25. | S H E ' S M I N E P T . 1

C H A P T E R | TWENTY-FIVE
SHE'S MINE PART. 1

𝚂 𝚃 𝙾 𝙽 𝙸 𝙵 𝙻 𝙾 𝚁 𝙴 𝚂

THE sun setting was beautiful off the coast of Brazil where the palm trees swayed and the life - - for them at least - - was easy and breezy. Stoni stretched her limbs, cramped in sleep mode, as she awoken from her midday nap and her eyes fluttered open like butterfly wings, delicately and gracefully. She was many things but she was very graceful at the most and this grace helped her a great deal in her dance technique. The smell of sweet fruits and calming scents instantly overcame her sense of smell and enhanced the exotic atmosphere that she lay in.

She rolled onto her stomach and peeked out of the plush white sheets, her curly hair all over the place having lost its straightness due to the dip in the water that she and Carter had taken earlier. Stoni ran her fingers through her hair and huffed some of it out of her way and then looked to see that Carter was no where to be found. Brazil was his idea; he said that the separation and the media were getting to be a bit too much for him so he needed to get away. Naturally, Stoni decided that she'd go with Carter because when it came down to it all she ever wanted to do is be with him.

"Carter," she whispered softly into the warm Brazilian air and looked about the room for him, "Carter," she looked around more intently and picked up his pillow as if he were under there. Stoni yawned, still clad in her bathing suit and pouted when she didn't see him, "Hmph. Papito, donde esta? Where are you?"

Stoni tiptoed her way out of the beautiful bedroom to the marble steps where the private section of the beach that Carter owned met the sea and the sandy shore. Her toes alighted the cool surface and her manicured fingers from this morning's spa treatment that she and Carter enjoyed together grasped the long white curtains that fell like iridescent pillars before the opened floor to ceiling door and blew with the breeze. She pushed forward and got the most beautiful glance of the ocean, waves pulling in placidly against the sand and the rocks; she had been here a couple days and she still couldn't get over the beauty of Brazil.

She tiptoed further into the outside and wandered away from the beautiful villa that she and Carter had shared for the past few days and onto the sand. As Stoni crept her way further and further away from the bedroom and closer to the water she felt as if something was calling her out to it but she didn't know what. Patiently and quietly she stood with her toes curled in the sand, squeezing the small grains against her skin - - so relaxing and natural. Stoni looked for miles down the beach and saw nothing but God's beautiful creation - - nature.

Stoni closed her eyes and took in the smell of the ocean, the feel of the breeze wrapping around her in an embrace much like Carter's, and the whispering of the waves in sweet wet lullabies. She was past guilt at this point - - well, at times she was - - then there were those times where all she could think about was Destini and their three children and what the child that may have or may have not been growing inside her would do to them. But they were separating right?

At least, that was the impression that Stoni was under. He and her were deteriorating and she didn't have a thing to do with it. At least she didn't think she did. Destini didn't know about her - - oh God, she just couldn't have.

When her eyelids fluttered open she came face to face with what she couldn't comprehend at first. Stoni wondered where in the hell he'd come from. She saw Carter, rising from the clear Brazilian waters after wading his way closer to the shore and closer to the rocks. For a moment she was breathless as she stared at him - - he very unaware that she was watching him, painting the moment in her mind like the piece of artwork that it was - - that he was. Carter rose with a pharaoh's regality, the water rushing down his beautiful toned stature and down his chiseled face, and piercing green orbs that seemed a shade lighter than usual.