09. | R E - I G N I T I O N

C H A P T E R | N I N E
RE-IGNITION

𝙳 𝙴 𝚂 𝚃 𝙸 𝙽 𝙸 𝙼 𝙴 𝙺 𝙷 𝙸

THE waves of the ocean crashed against the mountainous sea rocks and the seashore as Destini slowly closed the door of the Maserati and looked around her in a daze. She couldn't believe how beautiful this place was and she wondered how on earth Carter stumbled
upon it. She was literally mesmerized by the salty smell of the ocean, the darkness of the night that cast down upon the water making it look like a sapphire, and the beautiful view of God's landscaping - - she didn't know something so beautiful existed in the states. Carter had taken her to far away islands to get this tropical effect but here it was, right there in their own backyards and she couldn't believe it.

"Where are we," she said as she looked around amazed as Carter reached into the backseat to get the blankets that he had and some champagne that he had remembered to bring and chill in a small mini-cooler, "This place it's - - it's beautiful Carti," Destini walked up to the entrance of the empty beach and placed her hands on the rock barrier, looking at the miles and miles of ocean, "How did you find this place?"

"Delaware," Carter said laughing a little as he sat the blankets and champagne on the rock barrier, "I was just passing through one day," he said shrugging, "And I couldn't help but stop here - - that was like five years ago - - I been coming here ever since, you know when I need to get my mind right," she looked away from the ocean and looked up into his deep green eyes, "You might wanna take off your heels, babe," he said looking over at the sand, "If you don't want sand in 'em."

"I guess you're right," Destini laughed and Carter grabbed her hand, sat her on the rock barrier and then grabbed one of her ankles and gently undid the strap and allowed the Christian Louboutin heel to slide effortlessly off her foot. He looked down at her small feet and manicured toes and smiled a little and then gently grabbed the other foot and did the same motions as he had done with the first, "Thanks," Destini said, looking at him feeling this thing growing inside her that she hadn't felt in so long. For some strange reason she looked at Carter and she felt slightly nervous, she felt like this was the first date all over again - - like he was someone new.

Carter walked out onto the sand and she grabbed the champagne and the champagne glasses while he laid one blanket out right in the middle of the beach. Destini took a seat first, laying the glasses down and Carter's muscular body came down on the blanket next beside her, holding another blanket. She wrapped the blanket he was holding around her, feeling the cool breeze from the ocean creeping down her spine and she handed the champagne to Carter to open.

"Watch out," Carter said laughing as he was about to pop the top, knowing it was probably going to spill everywhere, "This shit's about to fly all over the place," Destini scooted back a little and braced herself as Carter looked back at her, "Ready?" She pushed his shoulder still laughing, "Here we go," Carter opened the bottle and just as he expected the cork went flying across the sand and the bubbles came shooting out of the neck of the the bottle, covering his hand in champagne suds and wet liquid. Carter laughed and shook his hand and then shook it a little in Destini's direction.

"Carter!" She squealed and retracted back, "Stop that," Destini said as they both laughed at his playful gesture - - he was always playing around, "Here," she handed him his glass and hers and he poured the champagne inside them and then sat the bottle in the sand away from them, "It's a little cold out here," she said feeling the wind blow her way and snuggling in the blanket, "You cold?"