17. | S H E D O N ' T K N O W

C H A P T E R | SEVENTEEN
SHE DON'T KNOW

𝙹 𝚄 𝙳 𝙰 𝚂 𝙼 𝙴 𝙺 𝙷 𝙸

A SMILE, something that rarely crossed his full pouting lips, was plastered across his handsome butterscotch face as he stared down at her in his arms. When she slept she reminded him of an angel and in fact, he was convinced that she must've been one. God could only create someone so perfect and place them on this earth as an angel. His hand swept across her forehead and there he placed a kiss on the sleeping body before placing her down in her canopy bed.

He stared at her for a few minutes, happy that he had quieted her crying - - Destini couldn't get her to sleep no matter what she had tried. Khloe and Brooklyn were spending the weekend with their grandmother again and Destini decided to keep Kayden home because she wasn't feeling well.

"You're so good with her," he heard behind him after placing another kiss on Kayden's forehead and walking out of the room. He slowly closed the bedroom door and found her standing there watching the whole thing. Destini smiled sweetly as he attempted to avoid showing those emotions he'd tried hard to bury but failed when he smiled back. "I thought it was a cold at first," she said, "But I talked to the doctor and she has an ear infection."

"Kids get them a lot," he said, nodding, "Plus, she's teething," he held up an icy teething ring that he had used to quiet her, "There's no medicine for that but for the ear infection she needs medicine."

"I picked it up while you were putting her to sleep," said Destini as they walked together down the hallway.

"I hate seeing her cry like that," he admitted while watching Destini pick up things around the room that the girls had left in disarray, "Shit kills me."

"You're a good uncle, Judas," Destini said as she bent over to grab a magazine off the floor, "These girls are messy as hell," she shook her head and looked around their bedroom. "I tell them time and time again to clean up after themselves but they're hardheaded and don't listen to a word I say." She rubbed her back, tired from all the cooking, cleaning, bending, scrubbing, and everything else the girls and Carter left her to do.

Destini wasn't one for housekeepers and nannies - - she wanted to raise her own children and keep her own house no matter how much money Carter made. She was taught that a woman should be the queen of her own castle, not some nanny or maid. "I don't know why I'm surprised," she sighed tiredly, "They take after their father. Ugh, my back is killing me."

"Relax yourself," said a calm and humble Judas who placed his hand on her lower back and massaged it for a brief moment. "Hey, let me get that," he helped Destini to a seat and then flashed a light smile again - - he just couldn't help it. "You know how kids are," Judas began to clean up Khloe and Brooklyn's toys, "They wanna do what they wanna do," he said, "I was the same way when I was little - - givin' my moms hell."

"I can't imagine," Destini said laughing as she watched him cleaning up, "You're so quiet, Ju. Now, Carter," she shook her head, "I know that nigga was a handful and a half."

"You're right," he said, "When moms wasn't gettin' on his ass for sneaking some girl in the house at 2 in the mornin' she was tryna keep his ass away from juvi," he licked his lips, "He was always dragging me right there with him too."