11. | $ $ $, P O W E R, R E S P E C T

C H A P T E R | ELEVEN
MONEY, POWER, RESPECT

𝙲 𝙰 𝚁 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁 𝙼 𝙴 𝙺 𝙷 𝙸

"SO we're talking about a 2.3 million dollar deal fellas," Carter said as he stood from his executive chair in the company of several international businessmen. After his chance of meeting with Mr. Hamilton at the restaurant that day where he saw Koko and her father, Mr. Hamilton, he was approached about an interesting investment that he knew would benefit him. Although he had static with Aiko, that wasn't about to stop him from getting his paper spread. If Mr. Hamilton wanted to talk business well then, Carter was all for it.

Mr. Hamilton had always been impressed by Carter's ingenuity, his innovative attitude, and his ability to flip money into ten times the profit he started out with. He talked Carter up to a few of his investors in Japan and it was all smooth sailing from there. Now Carter stood at the head of a table filled with suited businessmen from all parts of Japan with their translators, who came to hear why they should bring part of their business to America and allocate monies to him.

"So as you see here," Carter stood at the head of the table, talking with his hands, "This investment is full proof. If you're looking to expand your businesses here in America, clearly I'm your man," he licked his lips and shrugged his shoulders, "The research, the financial planning, background - - all of it speaks for itself."

"I'm impressed," said Mr. Hamilton, "And I'm willing to put my money up and invest in the project," he turned to his co-owners who didn't speak a lick of English and spoke to them in his limited Japanese vocabulary. Carter couldn't do a thing but grin as he looked at them conversing in the language and one of the senior owners, Mr. Toshina, looked at Carter speaking fluent Japanese.

"What's that he's sayin'," said Carter as Mr. Hamilton stood up, "You know I haven't learned Japanese yet," he laughed as Mr. Hamilton extended his hand to Carter.

"He says he's willing to put up a million more than the starting price," Carter looked to see the man grinning and nodding as Mr. Hamilton spoke with Carter, "3.3 million - - he was highly impressed with everything you showed him here."

"Well I can't argue with that there," Carter extended his hand to the senior owner of Toshina Corp and shook with Mr. Toshina himself, "Pleasure doing business with you Mr. Toshina," he knew it would go that easy - - no one in their right mind would have refused a deal like Carter's; it was full proof.

Carter's professionally manicured hand graced Mr. Toshina and Mr. Toshina returned the firm hand shake with his own and a Japanese thank you as well, "If there's nothing else," Mr. Hamilton said, "I guess we'll be wrapping up here," one by one they all filed out of the office conference room as Carter stayed behind and stood in front of the long floor to ceiling windows that overlooked Manhattan.

He held one hand in the pocket of his Prada suit pants and unbuttoned his matching Italian suit jacket as he looked over the city with a satisfied smirk on his lips. He was so deep in thought he didn't even hear Alana come in the room; he didn't know she was there until she tapped his shoulder with a cigar waiting for him. Her fingers opened the wooden box that the Cuban cigars had been shipped from Cuba in and he grabbed one of the neatest he could find.

A small silver device she held in her hand clipped the end of the cigar that he held between his plush lips and then came the flame of the lighter. Carter's money green eyes watched as the flame burned the clipped end of the cigar and watched as Alana's phat ass switched its way out of his sight and out of the room. He smirked at the thought, turned his back and took another toke of the cigar. The quality of the tobacco was unreal - - fit for a king and the taste was impeccable.