37. | S H I F T I N G

C H A P T E R | THIRTY-SEVEN
SHIFTING

𝙳 𝙴 𝚂 𝚃 𝙸 𝙽 𝙸 𝙼 𝙴 𝙺 𝙷 𝙸

"MOMMY," Brooklyn looked up from the book she was reading in her lap at the table while Khloe was busy on the couch painting her nails, "Mommy?" She repeated to Destini who was cooking in the kitchen at the moment.

"Yes Brook?"

"How long do we have to keep reading these boring books and doing boring stuff until we can watch T.V. and use the computer againnnn," Brooklyn wined and sat her book down, "It's sooooo boring in this house and it's summer - - maaaaa we're supposed to be playing in the pool and having fun, not reading books and staying cooped up in the house."

"Yeah mom," Khloe looked up, just having to add her two cents, "Don't you think keeping us cut off from the world is a bit irrational?" Destini looked at Khloe like she'd lost her mind and quickly Khloe looked back down at her nails and kept painting, "I'm just saying."

"Eat your sandwiches," Destini said, pointing to the sandwiches she'd made for the girls and put down on the table, "You kids today are too immersed in all this digital stuff," that was the excuse that Destini gave the girls but really she wanted to keep them from their father's scandal which was hot on the presses and in the media as of right now. "I know what time of the year it is thank you for reminding me Brooklyn," she said, "But you don't read enough and so that's why I made a reading list for all of you."

"How come Kayden doesn't have to read?" Brooklyn said snappily, "What's she gonna do?"

"She can't read, dummy," Khloe rolled her eyes at Brooklyn, "Duh."

"Yeah - - can't weeadd," Kayden repeated Khloe, looking up from her toys that she was playing with beside Brooklyn, "Duuuh."

"Mommy can I go live with grandma," she rolled her eyes at the both of them, "It's better than having to live with Dr. Evil and her mini-me over here who repeats eveeeeeery single thing that Khloe says."

"Hater," said Khloe, getting up and walking out into the living room and seconds later Kayden followed right after her.

"Seriously, mommy," Brooklyn sighed, "I miss Spongebob. I wanna watch T.V."

"Yeah well you'd have to find the T.V. in order to watch it and to do that you'd have to find the keys because I locked them all up," Destini smiled and shrugged, "And you'll never find that," she had taken all the T.V.'s except for the one's in she and Carter's room.

"Ugh," Brooklyn said as Destini walked out of the room with a plate and sandwich. She got up from her chair and waited until she saw Destini disappear and then walked into the living room where Kayden and Khloe were, "Look, we gotta get those keys and get to the T.V.s."

"What? How are you gonna hook it up? Do you know how to hook up a T.V. Brooklyn?"

"No but - -,"

"Okay," Khloe said, blowing on her nails, "My point exactly. Getting the keys won't do anything for us."

"What about the movie room?" She snapped and stepped on the floor, "Oh my God why didn't I think of that sooner - - the theatre. If we get into the theatre we can watch all the T.V. we want - - come on Khloe you know how much you looooove sitting in daddy's chair."