35. | B Y A N Y M E A N S

C H A P T E R | THIRTY-FIVE
BY ANY MEANS

𝙰 𝙸 𝙺 𝙾 𝙷 𝙰 𝙼 𝙸 𝙻 𝚃 𝙾 𝙽

SHE drove with purpose in her mind and fire in her eyes, hell bent on getting what she'd always wanted from him but he refused to give her. She would do anything for him and just like that she'd do anything to have him. This was the final straw and if he wouldn't give it to her she'd just take it from him - - he would understand later, she told herself, and he would love her for it.

Aiko's Prada's pressed the gas pedal in the black Ferrari that she drove down windy, wet winding roads, leading her straight to him. She'd followed him and knew where he'd be and she was prepared to wait as long as she needed to so that she'd get him alone. Nobody could deter her from what SHE felt was rightfully hers - - not Stoni, not Destini, nobody.

Her face was hidden by a draped black hood she wore, attached to her dress and shades that she wore over her eyes that focused on the road until she was met by a gate with the iron letter M's for Mekhi melted into them. Getting inside was a breeze for her, she had all the security codes thanks to her snooping through some of Carter's things while she was still seeing him months back - - she had to do some serious digging but she'd gotten what she needed.

Aiko drove inside, and parked discreetly where her car couldn't be seen and kicked open the door with her heel and got out of the car. She knew he was alone because Destini had split and taken the girls to live in the city in an apartment that she was pretty sure Carter paid for. Aiko closed her car door and held onto red leather gloves that she had brought along with her. Slowly she slipped on one red glove over her red painted finger nails and then slipped another onto the other and proceeded to the door with a stride that was nothing but confidence. She had this in the bag and she knew it.

Taking her time, she went to enter in more security codes but found that Carter, in haste hadn't bothered to relock the front door. It was apparent when she followed him from Midknight's residence in Manhattan that he was upset about something and by the carelessness he was showing he was only further confirming it. She walked inside and closed the doors behind her and placed her back against the front door and inhaled.

"The scent of home," she said to herself and exhaled, "I feel like I belong here already," Aiko smirked and bit her bottom lip walking around the beautiful mansion that was the Mekhi's. She went through the kitchen, seeing pictures of his children all around - - she picked one up, glancing over the three girls, Destini, and Carter - - some day at the beach and inside she burned. She pained - - not because of the girls or Carter but because of Destini; she felt that Destini had her life and she didn't like it.

Why should some girl from Bedsty get Carter when Aiko knew she was clearly better suited? It wasn't fair to her and she hated Destini - - she HATED her like she'd never hated anything before and it was true, she'd never hated anything more than Destini in her entire life.

Aiko composed herself and she moved on, walking into the living room where she found above the mantle a large portrait of Carter himself. She stood in front of the artwork and looked at the patriarch of the house with great reverence for his serious facial expression and powerful presence depicted in the picture. He wore a green vest, with golden buttons, matching suit pants, a pocket watch, and sat in a chair where some great fur lay underneath his feet. He was a king - - depicted as so and he was larger than life - - his tall stature, his smooth tawny complexion with every detail right down to every hair on his full beard.