33. | T A S T E O F R E V E N G E

C H A P T E R | THIRTY-THREE
TASTE OF REVENGE

𝙲 𝙰 𝚁 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁 𝙼 𝙴 𝙺 𝙷 𝙸

GROWING up Carter had learned the values and importance of self-reliance and in those lessons, he'd learned how to cook for himself. It seemed to really come in handy especially this morning when he was awakened by the girls, looking for some kind of breakfast after their long night.

"Daddy," Carter stood in front of the fridge looking for milk to go with the pancakes he was going to make but he saw none, "Daddy," he felt someone tugging at his sweat pants and looked down to see Brooklyn, "When's breakfast gonna be ready we're hungry."

"I was trying to make pancakes," he said and closed the fridge, "But I used all the milk and forgot," he looked over and saw Kayden aimlessly playing with a magnet she had found by the fridge and picked up his youngest - - just learning how to really walk and explore her surroundings, "Aye," he took the magnet from her mouth, "Don't put that in your mouth junior it's nasty," he kissed her forehead and looked down at Brooklyn, "Aight here's what we're gonna do - - we're gonna go take showers, get dressed and then we're gonna go to Manhattan and have brunch and talk about what happened yesterday."

"I don't wanna talk about what happened yesterday," Khloe whined, "Daddy I don't wanna go back with mommy. Can we just not tell her where we are?"

"No, we can't do that," he walked from the kitchen up to the bedroom with Kayden still in his arms fascinated by the tattoos all over his body that were visible, "We have to tell mommy where you are, Lo. I know you mad at her but she's still mommy and I bet she's worried sick."

"She's not that worried," Khloe folded her arms and leaned against the wall, "Not about us, anyway."

"What do you mean by that? Of course she's worried - - Khloe she's your motha' she loves you regardless of what's going on between us," he sighed, "Go get dressed and help Brooklyn and we'll talk about this over lunch, okay?"

She sighed and pushed off of the wall, "Okay, daddy," Khloe said, "I have something important to tell you anyway."

Carter and the girls settled on Felix's in the heart of Manhattan for brunch after what seemed like hours of combing hair, zipping dresses, changing dresses, and all the other things that Destini dealt with on the regular with getting the girls ready to go out. Carter never really knew how much work it really was until he actually had to do it but now it was as if he was becoming hip to the other more involved side of parenting.

"I love her hair," Khloe said as she looked at a woman passing on the street, her hair long and flowing and straightened to the bone, "Daddy isn't she pretty - - isn't her hair so pretty?" Carter looked up from dabbing Kayden's crumb laden face with a napkin to the woman that Khloe was fixed on, "I want to get my hair straightened daddy - - I don't want to be curly anymore. I look like a two year old with all this curly mess," she watched the woman until she was out of sight and then sighed, longing for independence like she'd just seen, "Could I daddy?"

"There's nothing wrong with your hair now," he said, "It looks just like Brooklyn and Kayden's - - I think it's cute for little girls. That lady is way older than you, baby," Carter helped Brooklyn cut up her chicken and gave her the fork back, "Maybe when you're older but there's no rush for that."