19. | G O T T A GO, G O T T A LEAVE

C H A P T E R | NINETEEN
GOTTA GO, GOTTA LEAVE

𝙲 𝙰 𝚁 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁 𝙼 𝙴 𝙺 𝙷 𝙸

CARTER made his way over to Harlem by the time night fell, forgetting that he had promised Destini he'd be back in time for dinner. He didn't have time for her complaints right now though, he had business to take care of with Judas. Carter climbed the stairs of the home where the culprits were staying - - some nasty ass apartment building in Harlem that looked as if it had been forgotten for years. His appearance was different than the environment that he was surrounded in - - drastically different compared to the gritty neighborhood.

"So this is where ya'll niggas been hiding out at?" Carter stood in front of two young Hispanic guys in their cramped kitchen, "Who the fuck they with, Ju?" He turned to Judas to ask, "Who sent them for me? Better yet," he grabbed the stringy hair of one of the youngsters and pulled back roughly, "You tell me yourself. Who you fucking work for? I know two small time niggas like you didn't pull this shit without no muscle behind you."

"They ain't talking, son," Judas said, "All day and not a word."

"No? Well maybe," Carter yanked one by his hair over to the stove, "That's because we aren't making them talk - - asking the right questions."

"What the fuck are you about to do man!" The other one screamed but got a mouthful of Judas's pistol.

"Shut the fuck up," said Judas to the one he had hit, "Nobody asked you shit, nigga."

"Let's see if he'll talk now," Carter turned on the stove's front burner and the flame ignited, heating up quickly. He pushed the viles of crack and the coffee pot they had been using to cook it in, away, "Get on your knees, muhfucka," he pushed him down when he didn't comply, "Ju looks like we gotta teach these young niggas some discipline." Carter looked down at him, "Who you fucking work for? Who sent you to kill me?" He waited a few seconds before he forcibly slammed the man's face down on the burner.

A loud scream shattered the silence of the room, "Ahhhh! Fuck! I'm burning! I'm burning! My face!"

"No shit Sherlock," Carter said, "Now tell me who the fuck you roll with and I'll let your ass go."

"Don't say shit!" The other one screamed, "Man don't say shit!"

"Judas," Carter turned around, "Kill his ass," in less than two seconds Carter heard Judas's gun fire a shot - - right in the forehead and knocked the man down onto the ground. His body slumped against the wall, blood sliding down with him when he made his final decent, "Thank you - - now that you realized we not playing," he turned back to the man on the stove and pulled his head up, "Who the fuck sent you to the court that day? Huh?"

He took a big gulp of air and the tears started falling from his eyes, "Please Carti," he cried, "Please - - don't kill me. I got a girlfriend - - and a baby - - and - -,"

"Were you thinking about them other people who had girlfriends, babies, and lives when you shot up a fuckin' court filled with people, huh?" He licked his lips and pressed his face against the burner again, "Did you stop when they were running and screaming - - all that shit just to get to me and for what? So you can get your fuckin' face scolded and die like a bitch in your own fuckin' kitchen? You killed a fuckin' innocent kid." Carter pulled him off of the burner again, ignoring the blood and burned skin.