chapter eleven | The Dress

>>foxy'x p.o.v<<

I sighed and looked at the clock. 12:20. Five minutes to lunch. However, the food didn't seem appetizing to me right now.

I sadly looked to my right. Next to Mike is where Mangle would've sat, but she wasn't here today. I was worried about her. After what happened on Friday she wouldn't talk to anyone. She didn't answer my calls, my texts, my voice mails. Nothing. She was scared and of course, I understood that but I just wish she would talk to me.

I didn't want to be at school right now. I wanted more than anything to just hold her in my arms and tell her everything would be okay. To tell her that when she's in my arms nothing can hurt her, because as long as I'm here, I'd die before I let someone touch her.

"Foxy, come on. It's time for lunch." Someone said. I looked up and saw Bonnie. I sighed and stood up, slowly walking to the cafeteria. After a few seconds of staring at my walking feet, Bonnie nudged me. I looked at him and he had concern etched on his face.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"I'm just worried about Mangle. She's not answering me." I said with a sad complexion. He sighed.

"Yeah. She doesn't answer any of us. We're all worried. I think even Chelsea's a bit scared." He said with a smirk. I laughed lightly.

The cafeteria was flooded with students, as usual. The line was long, too long. I scanned the room and saw the ticket booth.

"I'm not hungry. I'm gonna go buy some tickets." I said to Bonnie as I walked off before he could convince me that I needed to eat.

"Two tickets please," I said as I placed the ten on the booth. She grabbed it and stored it in a box. She then took two tickets from a second box.

"Who are you going with?" She asked as she handed me the tickets.

"Hmm?" I asked, not paying attention until that point.

"Well you bought two tickets, so I was just wondering who the second one is for." She replied as she drew on the table with her finger.

"Oh. Um, Mangle." I replied and placed the tickets in my wallet.

"Oh, that's sweet. Is it like a charity thing?" She asked. I immediately stopped what I was doing.

"Excuse me?" I asked, confused as to what the hell that meant.

"Well, she's got that weird eye that's all black. It's pitiful. That must be the only reason you're going with her. For brownie points or something, right?" She replied. I was dumbfounded by what she was saying.

"Brownie points?" I asked in disbelief. She laughed.

"Yeah. I mean why else would you go with a freak? You could easily pull any girl."

My confusion quickly turned to anger and I could feel my entire body go hot. I had to clench my jaw to keep myself from flipping out. After slightly regaining my composure, I slowly leaned on the table to be at eye level with her.

"Listen here, bitch. Mangle is just about the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on. You may be pretty, and popular, and have most guys wrapped around your finger but I will not let you talk about Mangle like that, because she's 10 times more beautiful than you inside and out. You wouldn't be able to make it through half the things she's been through."

"You go ahead and try to go to school with a disability and be constantly tormented with vile names to the point where you don't even want to live anymore. Go ahead and try to have your father taken from you by a dumbass who can't follow the rules of the road. Go ahead and try to hardly ever see your mom because she's always working to keep you alive. Seriously, try it."