【𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 19】In My Arms

【𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦'𝘴 𝘗.𝘰.𝘝.】

I closed my eyes as I felt the blood trickle down my arms. This is it. This is how I die. Crying. Scared. No dignity left to spare.

I hope mom knows I love her. I hope Foxy does too. And that, even as short as it was, I was so happy Fred decided to talk to me. Let alone introduce me to his brothers and his friends. I bit harshly on my lip, trying desperately to stop the tears from flowing.

No. This is not how I'm going to die. There is no way in hell that I'm leaving the earth like this.
I lifted my head and looked around. My vision was blurry but I could still notice the metallic glint of the knife. I swallowed and reached out. I had to go as quickly as I could, for I knew that the body could only lose so much blood before shutting down.

I grabbed it and brought it to my tattered dress. I positioned it and cut off a large piece. I began to wrap it around my left wrist, tightening it as much as I could. I grabbed the knife again and cut off another piece. I wrapped it around my right wrist and sighed. That would only temporarily stop the bleeding.

I gulped and grabbed the walls, still not able to stand on my own. After regaining my balance, I looked down. The stupid chain still had me attached to the wall. I looked at the knife.
Well that's not gonna help. Think Mangle, think!, I thought as I tapped myself on the head. As my hand grazed over my hair, I felt something hard. I raised my eyebrows and grabbed it. After slowly pulling it out, I gasped.

A bobby pin! I searched my hair for more and was pleased to find another. I began to bend them and slipped them into the keyhole. After moving them around, there was finally a click. I pulled off the lock and chain and tossed it away from me, placing the bobby pins back in my hair, just in case.

I slowly walked to the entrance of the room. I grasped the knife tighter, just in case he hadn't left yet. I peeked my head out and sighed. Left or right?

I closed my eyes and tried to remember the way he brought me in. Come on, just take a chance and remember which way you went so you can retrace if you need to. I walked to the left, going as quickly as I could without making any noise. I dragged the knife across the wall as I walked.
I looked back and smiled. The knife was making a white line on the wall. Now I didn't have to remember which way I went. I sighed as my cold feet continued walking on the floor. Maybe... Right?

I turned and glanced down the long hall. I tried to see if it was a dead end or not but it was too dark. I swallowed and looked to the left, but again saw nothing. I groaned in frustration. After taking a second to catch my breath, I looked down at my wrists. The blood was slowly beginning to seep through the material. No more thinking, just walk.

I slowly began my trek down the right hall, dragging the knife as I did. The white line was prominent against the dingy walls of... Whatever this was. I began to slightly pick up my pace, going from a slow stumble to a quick walk. I wasn't going to get anywhere if I pranced around and even if I did, it would be too late. I sighed in relief as I came to another fork in the road.

I chewed on my lip and decided to take another right. The more I walked, the more confident I seemed to get, which was quite odd considering that I was losing more blood by the second. Upon going further into the hall, I found that it was a dead end. Sighing heavily, I pulled the knife away from the wall. I placed my finger on the line that was engraved on the wall, tracing my steps back. As I reached the beginning of the wall I drew a large X, noting that if I saw one of these, it was not the way to go.

I began to walk left, and just like that, I broke into a run. I was going to make it out of here. I was going to make it out of here. I was more assertive the second time. I had to be. What good is a thought if you don't put it to action, and that's exactly what I planned to do.