Royal

Chapter Three

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."~ Terry Pratchett.

Birds chirping greeted her early the next morning along with the feel of a large strong arm thrown across her stomach and a head buried in the croak of her neck, she did not feel fear for the scent she would know anywhere. Ashwood smoke and fresh salt water from the sea, these two scents separately meant nothing of significant but together as they assaulted her sense of smell at the moment made her smile. Her little bear cub was tucked against her as if making sure she was still there his touch warm and strong and it held her to his chest gently while he hide his face deep within her wild hair.

Turning slightly she smiled motherly at the sight of his relaxed face making him appear years younger. It reminded the Berserker of a long since past time of a little blonde babe who wouldn't sleep unless he could wrap his tiny fist into her crimson curls, reaching out gently Daga slowly ran her fingers through the young man's short hair and saw a flash of the day when it would travel to his mid back and the sides would be shaved and he would have it braided back from his face with a beard that was beyond what little fuzz covered his cheeks and jaw now. Daga smiled sadly and felt tears burn at her eyes, one day he would truly be a man and no longer need her to guide him but she would always be there lurking in the darkness for when he would need her for when the time came that he would she would be by his side with out hesitation. Just as she would for her own son and youngest brother when they reached that point in their own lives.

"Daga." Bjorn sleepily mumbled as he snuggled deeper into her embrace causing her smile to brighten and the tears to fall faster.

Daga ran her finger tips gently over his arm and held it to her comfortingly. The purple eyed beauty gently detangled herself from her brother who rolled over to lay flat on his stomach in the exact place she had just laid previously, quietly exiting the tent Daga walked directly into the path of the rising sun. She closed her eyes and basked in the warm rays of the morning sunshine and felt her sadden heart lighten slightly as Sol gently reached out and laid kisses of greeting upon her face, Daga opened her eyes to see the reflection of the Sun Goddess floating in front of the sun with a beaming grin her entire person made of light so extraordinary it could blind a normal mortal but Daga was no normal mortal. Placing her hand over her heart she smiled at the goddess who winked at her before disappearing into the rays of the morning light.

Daga walked a few steps from her tent when she sensed his presence behind her turning in a spin she quickly came face to face with a large older handsome man with very long grey hair and a matching long grey beard the side of his face that bore no eye had a tattoo of a raven covering his face, he was dressed in sturdy boots and thick dark breeches with a thick wooly deep blue tunic. His hair had small braids interwoven through out as did his beard and his eye reflected a startling shade of blue she saw every time she looked at her father.

"I'm glad to see you are awake." Odin spoke his deep voice soft spoken his words kind and spoken as if a grandfather was greeting a precious grandchild.

Daga bowed her head in respect causing him to chuckle before gently bumping her chin upwards causing her purple eyes to clash with his blue ones.

"You haven't bowed to me in a long time dear one and I wouldn't wish for you to start again." Odin spoke gesturing for the tall young woman to walk with him which she did with out question.

The pair had been walking for about twenty minutes when the young Berserker finally spoke.

"Allfather what is happening to me?" The red head's voice soft and full of many emotions including genuine fear, Odin smiled sadly as he gazed down at his walking feet his long strong arms clasped at the wrist behind his back.