Impossible

Chapter Eight

Daga panted in agony as her body was wrecked with flashes of images moving so fast she could not even register them, suddenly with a silent scream she finds herself laying face down in a grassy area the morning sun shining brightly upon her from the canopy of treetops.

With a groan the young warrior pushed her aching body up stiffly to a standing position as she tried to get her blurry eyesight to focus and once it did she found her body giving out and her weight crashing down onto her knees at what greeted her, a beautiful little dark blonde haired girl with gorgeous green eyes and a soft lightly freckled face full of delicate features that made Daga think of the beauty of an elf.

The young girl giggled at Daga's shocked reaction before slowly walking towards her, the young girl's wavy dark blonde hair flowed around her effortlessly in loose waves hanging over her shoulders and down to her lower back her slim petite body dressed in a flowing simply yet truly beautiful pure white gown with a lovely crown of flowers and vines resting upon her head.

"Gyda." Daga gasped her words choked but coherent as she gazed in wonder up at her baby sister who was exactly as she remembered her to be before she died.

"Hello Daga." Gyda greeted her voice soft and melody like in its sound. She giggled causing Daga to grin madly before scooping the young girl in her arms and spinning them around until they both crashed to the ground in a dizzy laughing mess.

"I have been watching over you dear sister. I am so proud of al that you have done." Gyda spoke gazing adoringly at her older sister who returned her stare with vigor.

"I am deeply and truly pleased to hear such a thing but something tells me that is not why you are here now." Daga replied her voice losing its excitement causing Gyda to nod her head in agreement as she leaned up to sit crossed legged in front of her older sister who did the same thing.

Gyda simply stared at Daga for what felt like the longest time before she gently reached out and let her finger tips touch Daga on her cheek causing the older woman to lean into her sister's touch.

"The ride home will not be smooth sailing my dear sister brace yourself for time is going to past slowly and hurt you in ways you can not imagine." Gyda warned suddenly her voice void of kindness and drenched in sorrow causing Daga's eyes to flash open in panic as fear settled deep in her belly.

"What?"

"You were gone for four years before and now you will be gone for four more. A birth, a death, a marriage, a freedom restored and a grand achievement. That is only some of what you will miss do not fear for those who know and adore you for they will stay true to you they will never loose faith of your return and you will not be alone. Odin will grant you one of your warriors on this journey if you so desire it. You will not return home unscathed but you will be stronger and more ready for that which is yet to come. You will be strong enough to protect those you treasure and hold closest."

Daga stared wide eyed "I do not understand sister please!"

Gyda shook her head as she pushed up to stand her sister following suit "I am sorry I am so sorry I do not have the time and you must return. Remember that which I've spoken warn only those who your heart calls to, do not fear for your Kings they will understand when it happens they will wait for you impatiently and pray for your speedy return."

Daga gasped shooting up in bed laying beside the Princess of Mercia who was still sound asleep beside her gently removing the dark haired princess from her snuggled position at her side she quickly gathered her things and left in a hurry, back towards her room. Once she dressed her self in a loose tunic and breeches she snuck into her brother's room before shaking him awake.