In Kattegat

Chapter Twelve

Two Years Since the Shipwreck.

Kattegat, Scandinavia.

In the two years since the Vikings return to Wessex everything had gone to Hel. A massive storm unlike anything any of them had seen struck out suddenly separating King Ragnar's two main boats and losing one at sea, that boat held the Princess of Kattegat herself upon it and no one not even his eldest son or beloved ex wife could console the King when they found no sign of the boat any where.

Upon returning to Kattegat much had changed.

Lagertha tearfully returned to her home in Hedeby, Bjorn stayed for a few months before rallying Daga's warriors and some new ones of his own and setting out on two boats that were gifted to him by Floki the Master Boatbuilder after freeing Thorunn and marrying her in a quick ceremony which Floki preformed himself before setting sail and staying gone, Ragnar and Aslaug grew apart as Ragnar quickly became cold and even cruel in his words and actions. The once beloved King was beginning to fall hard from his majesty but gathering more power and riches as he found himself more savage and deadly then he had ever been before. The King spent the majority of his time plotting out grand adventures and building his fortune all the while drinking mead as if it were water and sleeping with anything in a dress, he was never home and he distanced himself to the point of being a total stranger to his wife the Queen Aslaug and his three younger sons. He didn't visit his grandson because although his daughter said her child looked just like him every time he gazed at the young boy he saw nothing but his daughter gazing back at him.

Floki stayed true to his word to his Queen keeping an ever watchful eye on Ubbe, Ivar, Sassa and Bjorn. He never let any of them loose faith that Daga would return to them some day and was always telling them grand stories of her that left them all even deeper in love and enchanted by the young blood haired warrior. He had stayed in contact with the now official Queen Kwenthrith of Mercia who had almost two years prior given birth to a beautiful baby girl with deeply sun kissed skin, vivid black hair and beautiful Odin blue eyes with flecks of vivid yellow and smaller dots of off black. She was absolutely breath taking and entirely unique and named Anna Dagasdottir just as the Queen of Mercia said she would be.

Floki and Helga both stayed ever faithful in their beliefs and loyalty to the Princess of Kattegat. They prayed for the Gods to grant her strength and to bring her home safely when the time was right, they brought offerings every day to the Gods and a sacrifice ever week in order for the Gods to grant the Berserker favor and safe passage on her journey.

Rollo had been released from his prison and had been ever faithfully by his brother's side. He became more quite and with drawn at the news of Daga's disappearance and even more savage in battle Rollo and Siggy fixed their marriage and were stronger then ever against all odds.

Ragnar had shaved his head completely clean and expanded his raven tattoo to cover his entire head in vivid blue black ink, he became distant from his Gods and only ever truly talked to Athelstan and Torsten who stayed ever faithfully by his side no matter what the King did or got himself into.

The Lothbrok family had gotten a new personal slave a young Asian woman Aslaug bought by the name of Yidu who Ragnar instantly took a liking too, the young slave would go from mothering the Ragnarssons by day because their mother was locked away in her chambers drinking her self stupid and weeping to being the personal toy of the King by night.

The family the Princess left behind was in tatters and little did they know in two years time their world would be unrooted and redesigned, they were not prepared for what was coming home to them.