Home Again

Daga stoked the fire a little rougher causing fierce embers to filter in the icee air within the small cabin they resided in, she was physically freezing and yet felt as if she was burning up in the same moment making her feel sticky and feverish. She was having a slight difficulty breathing but she paid it no mind as his burning gaze registered upon her form, she didn't dare to raise her darkened stare to meet his own.

The gold from before had thinned considerably and faded its glow becoming a small thin ring around the pupil of his baby blue eyes. She discreetly took a deep breath and had to fight against a flinch as she even noticed his scent had changed. It was more animalistic and feral like that of a wild animal unsure of its position but there was the faint feeling of the same young boy who always adored her so much and followed her around every where she went.

"You have not said a word to me since you pulled me from the ice." Bjorn spoke his words deathly calm and even indifferent in his tone which seemed more weightless, more confident. She knew that was the feeling of the new powers rushing through his veins that were effecting him so and she also knew it would be a long while before it settled and he got full control over it.

She slightly shook her head side to side not once looking up from the burning flame in front of her as the shadows danced across her figure nearly enchanting Bjorn who would swear his sister was actually controlling the movements of the flames.

"All will be well, lay down and rest little brother. We have a long journey back and much to handle upon our return." Daga spoke her words holding a slight warmth to them but otherwise stern and full of authority daring the younger blonde to question her which he wasn't stupid enough to do.

Bjorn leaned back and quickly fell prey to his exhaustion while his sister stayed wide awake the entire night watching the flames so intently one would think they held the secrets to the world within their coals.
-------------------------------------------------------
Ragnar paced rapidly, eyes wide skin flushed with rage and worry. Rage at his children's sudden absence and yet a worry so fierce it caused his very bones to ache. Aslaug watched her husband intently her beautiful face creased with deep concern and worry for not just her step children but for her husband's mental state at the sudden turn of events that had transpired. Floki and Rollo both set in the corner of the Long House watching their friend and brother fiercely worry himself while his other sons sat down in the corner playing quietly amongst themselves daring not to disturb the adults whose energy was clearly perturbed. Ivar was cradled in Aslaug's embrace while Ubbe played with both Hvitserk and Sigurd as well as Sassa while he held baby Anna in his lap who was babbling happily without a care in the world.

Ubbe was not worried for his mother and Uncle but he knew there would be problems upon their return to Kattegat.

Suddenly a small figure rushed into the Long House drawing everyone's attention, Yidu heaved harshly as she gasped out "They're back."

Ragnar didn't hesitate in storming violently from the house knocking Yidu harshly into the door while the others moving more slowly followed suit. The King stormed through the groups of people watching as they parted not just for him but two figures calmly approaching from the hillsides that caused Ragnar to falter in his steps.

The further figure was clearly a large hulking man whose frame was dressed warmly in a very fine looking cloak of furs the hood resting low covering his face from view while the other figure was a very curvaceous and yet strong woman who was dressed in a pair of skin tight black leather trousers that hugged her hips and legs like a second skin while her torso was dressed in a loosely fitting blinding white sleeveless wrap top that criss-crossed over her chest leaving her stomach bare and flowing out freely behind her. Her bare feet taking no notice of the fiercely wet and cold snow sticking to her soles and her hair hung loosely in silken crimson spirals that went down her back and hanging over her shoulders, tiny ice crystals and snowflakes decorating the braid less mane. The pair stopped a short distance away from Ragnar Daga glanced back briefly at the larger figure before lightly nodding her head causing him to reach up and pull back the cloak revealing Prince Bjorn who seemed to stand even taller and boarder and built more like a wild beast then that of a man. The crowed gasped in surprise and mumbled amongst themselves as the father and his two eldest children stared intently at one another.