A Single Raven

Chapter Nineteen

"In someways, siblings, and especially sisters are more influential in your childhood then your parents."~ Deborah Tannem.

Bjorn was out of breath but he didn't let it stop him or make him falter as he sprinted as fast as his long strong strides could possibly take him as he weaved in and out of the crowd towards the long house of his father where he knew his sister was still sound asleep in her room.

Bjorn did not stop to greet his father, step mother, younger siblings or any other currently within the home as he raced towards his sister's room not hesitating to throw the door open and stumbled carelessly into the room only to throw himself into a duck and roll as a large wickedly craved knife soared past his face but he didn't dare let that face him nor the hateful glare his elder sibling was baring down upon him for having woken her up.

"By the Gods Bjorn!" Daga huffed crossing her arms over her chest that was covered only by a large soft white cotton tunic that she adored to sleep in.

Bjorn's grin widen even further if at all possible as he spoke "Ships are approaching on the horizon, she's coming sissy."

Daga froze her face falling expressionless before bolting from her comfortable and cozy bed rolling off side ways and tossing the lid of her trunk back carelessly as she began to dig vigorously through her clothing tossing things left and right over her shoulder as she went until she found the perfect outfit. Bjorn had just removed a dark purple tunic from covering his head when his eyes damn near bulged from his skull and he tripped over himself turning around as his sister began shamelessly stripping bare from her night clothing to change into something more suitable for a warrior then a princess.

The blood haired beauty pulled on a skin tight long sleeve high neck black blouse before binding her torso in a pale powdery blue leather corset and then pulled on black leather trousers that hugged her lower body as if they were a second skin. She finished the look with her trusty over the knee black leather boots and her black wolf's cloak and most meaningful jewelry, she left her curls wild and free only adding small braids with beads at the end through out her mess of spirals hanging down her back ending at the top of her bottom.

She breezed past her brother grabbing his shirt as she went yanking him out the door and into the main room of the long house of the Royal Family.

Everyone looked upon the arrival of the King's eldest children.

"Where is the fire?" Rollo jested at the sight of his eldest niece and nephew Daga paid them no mind as she strode confidently out of the house her brother hot on her heels as a spotter from the docks blew through the door gasping for air before speaking "Boats! They come from way of Mercia!!"

And suddenly a mass of bodies took off after the eldest Lothbrok children who were already there by the time they arrived.

Daga couldn't believe her eyes as she watched her old lover and the mother of her first daughter step from the ship a beautiful little girl in her arms. Queen Kwenthrith spotted Daga instantly and didn't waste time speaking to anyone else as she made her way to the crimson haired warrior who made equal steps to meet her in the middle, Kwenthrith couldn't take her eyes from the woman who had captured her heart so but Daga couldn't bare to remove her eyes from little Anna whose startling blue eyes stared up at the blood haired Princess in awe and excitement.

"Anna this is your mama Princess Daga of Kattegat." Kwenthrith spoke softly "Daga I present to you your daughter, Anna Dagasdottir."

No sooner had those words left Kwenthrith's mouth had Anna thrown herself at Daga who caught her strongly and cradled her to her chest and closed her eyes in wonder. Daga felt her darkened soul flutter to life and her heart beat like the wings of a hummingbird. Kwenthrith couldn't stop the tears of pure joy at the sight before her, her daughter was finally exactly where she belonged in the protective arms of someone who would forever love her more then even she could.
--------------------------------
Daga sat beside the fire her daughter asleep in her lap, her son asleep against her right side and her youngest brother asleep against her left. The young Princess had never felt such a peace before in her life, her soul felt unburden her mind was actually quite for once and her heart was covered in warmth and filled to the bursting point of adoration.