Goodbyes

Chapter Ten

After going through her belongings Daga discovered the items she had bought to make Ivar his necklace of protection, having nothing better to do for the moment she sat down and got to work fixing the pieces to put together to build the pendent and chain. One she finished Ivar's she noticed she had enough to make one more and so set forth to make yet another necklace except this one would be given to her daughter when she was old enough to wear it.

Daga faltered slightly in her movements as she fully comprehended how much she would miss out on in her daughter's first four year of life

"What are you working on?" Kwenthrith asked softly from over Daga's shoulder causing the red head to smile softly never once stopping her movements as she worked to create the patterns she desired.

"I'm making our daughter a protection pendent, I want you to wear it until she is old enough to wear it and then when you feel the time is right I ask that you gift it to her for me." Daga explained her voice light but her words firm causing the darker haired woman leaning over her to nod against her shoulder in agreement.

"I return to Mercia within the next three days to begin getting things in order."

"And I leave tomorrow."

Kwenthrith snuggled her head into the back of Daga's neck wrapping her arms around the taller woman's waist as she watched her work. Daga's hands were strong and yet softer then one would imagine from all of the hard physical work she had done in her life, the soon to be Queen of Mercia loved the crimson haired warrior's hands. They made her feel safe and strong and made her feel as if she could truly do anything, although if Kwenthrith was being honest as long as she was in Daga's presence she felt as if she could do anything. The two lovers set in silence as the taller of the two women worked effortlessly her hands flying over the materials before her as she hand crafted the necklace that some day her daughter would wear, Kwenthrith took a quite breath as she felt their child flutter inside of her causing her to smile.

"I found a name I liked I wanted to know your opinion." Kwenthrith said softly causing the red head to falter slightly in her movements before stopping entirely to turn to face the dark haired woman. "And what name would that be?"

"Anna." Daga smirked sliding closer to the shorter woman causing the dark haired Royal to lean into Daga more as she gazed adoringly up into her beautiful purple and grey eyes "That's a Viking name."

"She is the daughter of a Viking Ruler. She does not need to have a name any less than that fit for a Viking."

Daga kissed Kwenthrith in such a searing kiss the darker haired woman felt her heart stutter and her toes curl "I love it."

"I hoped you would."

Silence overtook them as Daga finished up the necklace before turning to present it to the mother of her child who gasped at its beauty and held it as if it was the most precious of treasures the darker haired princess slid the necklace over her head letting it settle between the valley of her breasts.