Two Years Gone

Chapter Eleven

Two Years Later

"Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved."~ Helen Keller.

Silence greeted her just as it did every morning except something did not feel right. Not that any morning over the past few years felt practically right but there was an unease in the energy, a slow stillness to the air, she heard not the waterfall in the distance from the camp nor the chirping of birds or even the blow of the wind. It was so silent her ears rang with bells that were definitely not really there.

Slowing opening her eyes she rolled out of the way just in enough time to dodge the hulking figure that kicked out at her causing her to spin side ways and fly into a defensive crouch that was strictly animal in nature, her eyes which were now solely yellow began to glow before the light faded rapidly reveling her Odin blue stare, she stood up releasing a breath at that which greeted her sight.

"You are getting faster." The giant of a man whose skin was much darker then her own replied in his native tongue which she understood now as easy as breathing.

She took in his appearance his frame had to be taller then even Floki's being several inches above his head if they stood side by side, his long dark brown hair hung past his ass in a sectioned off loose poneytail hanging over his shoulder draping down his back, his skin was a warm tannish red brown color and his eyes a rich brown with a predator's gaze. He had a goatee hanging down till it reached his stomach that was combed nicely and braided intricately unlike anything she had ever seen before.

His body appeared as if it was chiseled from stone and fit his hulking height and strong wide shoulders, he wore a pair of tan pants made from animals hid and his torso was bare

His eyes were lined heavily in kohl making them look set deep with in his chiseled and handsome face he had blue lines painted across his torso in some strange kind of paint making a pattern similar to war paint but these he wore almost every day.

Daga took note of his gaze and the way he ran his eyes over every inch of her taking in details and making notes as he went she often wondered when he did that was he like most men and simply looking to be looking but she knew better. She may not have known what he was thinking but she knew he was calculating her, he always was calculating her. Seeing how she reacted to things. Seeing how she dealt with learning things.

When she arrived in this strange land she had no idea what to make of it. The land it's self was breath taking and wild and had an other worldly peace to it unlike anything she had ever felt before,large animals of many kinds the likes of which she had never seen before some familiar most were not. The land was bountiful and she often found herself wondering what would her father say if he saw it?