Speechless

Arrington Noel Cruz
June 6, 1991

You've got me
You've got me
You've got me
You've got me speechless

Laying so closely
I feel your skin rubbing and touching me
Only sweat between us
Feeling you kissing and pleasing me
I rub your back
I kiss your neck
I know that you love when we touch like that
I can feel you need me
Feels so good to me
Feels so good to me

Going outta my head I think I'm loosing all my mind
Drive me crazy burning candles making love all night
Feels so strange it feels so crazy to be in your world
In your arms lost for words
You've got me!

You've got me
You've got me
You've got me
You've got me speechless

I put the guitar down and made some more notes to my writing. I felt someone behind me so I turned around and there he was in all his glory.

"I see someone likes to start early

"I see someone likes to start early." He said pulling up a chair. "That's a new joint you working on?"

"Um.. Y-yeah." I mentally cursed myself for stuttering but DeVante was a man. I mean everything about him exuded power. He could make your knees buckle just by looking at you.

He chuckled. "Why you always so nervous Arrington?"

"Meeting new people can sometimes be a little weird for me. Call me Ari by the way. Arrington is such a long name to say all the time." I said writing a few more lyrics down.

"Aight Ari.. So tell me, who has you speechless? You got a boyfriend?"

I laughed lightly. "Uh no. I did but he said he doesn't do long distance and he dumped me. Then he tried to pop back up but I'm not a girl of second chances."

"Really? So you don't believe in second chances?"

"I believe in them but not everyone deserves them. I'm not gonna be like Oprah talking about you get a second chance, you get a second chance, YOU ALL GET SECOND CHANCES! Hell no." We both laughed as I pretended to be Oprah. "What about you? JoJo was telling me you wrote the songs on Forever My Lady, which is amazing by the way. Who got you singing U&I, Stay, Forever My Lady, Come and Talk to Me, and let's not forget I'm Still Waiting. Somebody got you sprung and turned out."

He pulled his chair closer to me so he was now a few inches away. I inhaled his scent and averted my eyes. "I see someone is a fan. I ain't got no girl, I had one before we left for the group and I wrote some stuff about her."

"Do you still love her?"

I finally looked up from my book. "Nah, those days are long gone. It's about the music now, love will come when it's time."