Utopia

Donald Earle DeGrate Jr.
July 6, 2001

Arrington has been acting weird lately. She's really moody and I think she's pregnant because I don't ever hear her complaining about cramps anymore. If she is, I'm super excited cause we've been trying for 6 years to have a kid.

Now Ari has always been a fat ass but it's gotten worse. We moved to LA about 5 months ago and we blessed the new house. So in my mind I believe she had to get pregnant around that time. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but she's getting chubby. She's usually a solid 130 but the other day she said she gained 8 pounds. 

I walked in the bedroom to see her eating jelly beans, a box of pizza, chicken wings, garlic bread, and a salad. Like that shit was really gonna do something. Her curly hair is now purple and straight. Even though she said she didn't want me to get the tattoo I eventually got it. Boy was she pissed, but I think she's getting used to it now though she still hates the hair.

"Arrington, I think you should take a pregnancy test." I said sitting beside her as she ate.

She gave me a look that almost scared me to death. "I told you don't disturb me when I'm eating."

"Uhhhhh.. Okay, you still need to take a test."

"No need in going to the gynecologist tomorrow. You're welcome to come."

"Aight.. So, you think it's for real this time?" Around 99 she got pregnant but had a miscarriage. It was pretty hard. She was depressed for a couple months but she's a lot better now.

"I hope so. You know how much I want kids." I nodded my head.

"I'm sure it'll happen baby. I'm going to head out, you need anything?"

"More food!"

I rolled my eyes walking out. She is always hungry like damn babe. She will send me out in the middle of the night to get Ralley's fries. How you early in your pregnancy and you already got me going out at night. This is just enhancing her fat ass tendencies.

When I came back in the house she was watching Waiting to Exhale. Oh lord not this again. When I walked close to her she gave me a death glare.

"I got your fries." I said quickly sitting them down and walking out the room. Whenever she watches that movie I'm in hot water for 2 weeks. I've learned to diaspora whenever it's coming on.

She ain't bout to be getting no ideas about burning my shit.

///////

July 7, 2001

So good news Arrington is finally pregnant. Words can explain how happy I am that we're finally creating our little family. She's a little over four months and so we got to find out that we're having a girl. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Though I already have a daughter I feel like this time around is more serious. I have a wife and a child on the way. I have to provide for them and be the head.

I looked over at Ari as she slept peacefully. I rubbed her stomach lightly and kissed her forehead. She slowly opened her eyes to look at me.

"Why are you staring at me?" She asked fixing the sheet over her.

"Cause you're beautiful."

She laughed. "Thank you baby, but next time try to avoid staring at me when I'm sleep. You out here looking crazy. Go to bed."

I kissed her lips. "Goodnight queen." I bent down to her stomach. "Goodnight my little princess." I planted a kiss on her stomach and turned over to sleep.

We're about to have a daughter.

------

Excuse any errors. Shortest chapter I ever made, but I'm tired from prom. It was lame asf. New book cover made by abreezystory!