Stay-cation

Donald Earle DeGrate II
July 22, 2006

"Savannah, Austin look at daddy! Look at daddy babies." Arrington said as the photographer tried to take pictures of the twins. They finally looked up, but didn't smile.

Arrington gave birth to the twins November 7, 2005

Arrington gave birth to the twins November 7, 2005. Savannah Aaliyah DeGrate came first at 6 lbs 3 oz and then Austin Barrington DeGrate came last at 5 lbs 1 oz. Arrington spent the longest time in labor with the twins and she refused to have a c-section. After us being in labor for 15 hours the twins finally decided to put her out of her misery.

Zyla loves being a big sister. She was so excited when she found out not only does she have another baby brother but she also has a little sister. DJ who just turned two loves to kiss his little siblings. Every time he sees them he smothers them in kisses and sings BaBa Black Sheep to them.

Arrington has been great with all the kids. I don't know how she does it taking care of 4 kids all under 5. She always manages to make each child feel special all while maintaining a household and me. Today is Friday which is usually our date day, but I decided to have a stay-cation. I'm going to take her to Thousand Oaks and we'll spend the weekend there.

Dalvin has agreed to watch the kids along with Kayla and her husband. Now I just have to convince Arrington to go because she's so attached to the kids. She doesn't like being away from them for too long. When the photoshoot was over and the photographer left I checked the time seeing it said 12:02. I walked over to Arrington as she put the twins down to bed.

I kissed her neck and wrapped my arms around her. "You're beautiful, you know that?"

She smiled turning to face me. "I mean you tell that every minute and hour of the day. I would like to think I am."

"That's because I don't ever want a second to go by where you can doubt how much I love you and how insanely attractive I find you." She kissed my lips as we left the twins room. "Baby?"

"Huh?" She turned around from our room door.

"I planned something really special. I want to take you on a little vacation. Before you say anything we'll still be California, we're just going to go to Thousand Oaks."

She looked at me skeptically. "Who's going to watch the kids? Savannah and & Austin aren't even one yet. They still breastfeed I can't just leave them here."

"Baby calm down. Kayla, Xavier, and Dalvin are going to watch the kids. You have pumped breast milk that's frozen in the freezer. They know what to do."

"Okay, but Zyla is in summer camp and DJ is two he's terrible. He's hoing to kill them."

"Okay Arrington now you're just making excuses. You need some time for yourself and to relax. I understand that you're worried, but we're going and that's final. You will enjoy yourself, you will relax, and you will stop talking about it. I already had Christina pack your bags, we are heading out at 3. Dalvin is going to be here at 2:45." She sighed rolling her eyes. I brought her close to me and kissed her forehead. "Please baby, you need to relax. I got you, don't you trust me?"