Old Thang Back

Arrington Noel DeGrate
February 13, 2005

"Girl you still ain't giving him none?" Jada asked as we ate lunch.

"Nope.. I like seeing him beg." I laughed evilly.

She chuckled and stared at me. "Really Ari? It's been 10 months. Got that man suffering blue balls everyday."

"You damn right I am. I make sure I wear short dresses, lace night gowns, a t-shirt, and everything else that turns him on. He want me back, he needs to work."

"Girl I think he's working. He takes you on date nights every Friday. Stays home to watch the kids and you know that man loves to work. He cooks breakfast, lunch, and dinner every night. Got you a damn Bentley truck for your 33 birthday. Took you and the kids to Cabo for the new year AND got your face tattooed on his back. You said his therapist said he's doing amazing. Why can't you just let your guard down? You not doing this to teach him a lesson. You're doing this cause you're broken and you never truly forgave him. Everybody in this world knows you love that man, you need to let him know too cause what you're doing is going to push him away."

I sighed taking the last bite of my meal. "Whatever."

She chuckled. "Mmhm, I love you too. You know I'm right, now tomorrow is Valentine's Day. I'm pretty sure he has something planned and you need to be open okay?"

I nodded. "Okay. I'm going to head home to my babies." We hugged and walked to our cars.

I walked in the house seeing Donald with DJ laying on his chest watching Barney as Zyla played in his hair. I smiled closing the door as they looked my way.

"Mommy!" Zyla screamed running towards me startling DJ so he started crying.

"Hi ZyZy. You gotta be quiet you upset baby brother."

She walked up to Donald who was trying to comfort him and kissed his cheek. "Sorry baby brother."

I walked over to the couch and picked up DJ as Donald stared at me. "How were they?"

He sighed. "Well of course your daughter thinks she's the queen and had me running around playing games talking about we're slaying a dragon. DJ was good as long as there was tv." He stood up stretching. I looked up at him towering over my 5'1 frame. He leaned in to kiss my cheek, but I pulled his face and kissed him on the lips. He looked shock.

"I'm going to go take off these clothes, feed him, and then I'll start on dinner."

He nodded staring at me. He smiled and I chuckled walking away with DJ, but he pulled me back. He pecked my lips one last time smiling afterwards. I walked upstairs and put DJ on the bed. I took off my clothes and changed into a tank top and some sleeping shorts. I picked up DJ and started breastfeeding. 10 minutes later I heard a knock on the door.

De walked in with a tired looking Zyla. "I was going to put her in her bed for a nap, but she said she wanted to sleep in here."

I nodded. "That's fine."

He pulled back the sheet and gently laid Zyla in the bed. He kissed her forehead and tucked her in. She wasted no time snoring away, Zyla doesn't play about her pre-dinner naps.

"You know tomorrow is Valentine's Day. I wanted to take you somewhere if that's okay. I know Monday's are usually hectic with the kids, but I arranged something."

"Okay."

"Okay?" He said shocked.

"Yes, okay. As long as someone can watch the kids that's fine."