#6

Arrington Noel Cruz
September 19, 1991

The tour is on a two week break thank God so we got to go home. I was in my room just thinking about all that's happened this past month. Donald is slowly starting to get better but when he takes his pills it seems as if it almost enhances his possessiveness. I've been in the house for 4 hours and he insisted on staying but I told him I wanted to be alone. The look in his eyes let me know that bothered him but he still said okay. I think part of him wants to hurt me when he feels I'm pulling away but the other part yells at him to contain himself.

My pager beeped for the 85th time and of course it was Donald. I didn't feel like talking right now and soon my phone rang. I knew it was him so I stayed still in bed. He left a message on my answering machine.

"It's me, talk to me baby.. I'm getting a bit annoyed. You're not answering and I'm trying to keep calm. Maybe you're sleep, call me when you get up." I pulled my covers over my body and turned over to stare at my window. I heard the door open and soon Kayla's footsteps were heard. She opened my door and I turned to look at her.

She scrunched her eyebrows. "Umm.. DeVante is downstairs just sitting in the car. I walked the back way so he wouldn't see me but it looks like he's been here for a while."

I got worried and slowly looked out my window but not to where someone could see me and sure enough there was De's car with him sitting inside staring at my window. I almost felt as if he was staring at me but I know the way my blinds are, he couldn't see me. I looked at Kayla.

"He probably just got there an hour ago cause that's when his pages and calls took a break."

"Umm.. And that's normal?" She asked taking off her shoes.

"Well De has mental issues and he's possessive so yeah."

She looked at me. "I always wanted to date a crazy guy, but I was scared during sex he might fuck around and choke my ass." We both laughed.

"Sex is great, it's just I don't know... Lowkey I think he's capable of killing me, but something inside of him tells him not to."

"It's called a heart Ari. No matter how mentally deranged, I believe true love can help anyone in any situation. Just be careful, that man loves you or at least has a strong attachment to you. If EVER you wanna take a break.. Do it gently, but other than his psycho ways I think you guys are a good fit." I smiled. Kay always knows how to brighten the mood. She sees the good in everyone around and strongly believes in the power of prayer and the power of love.

I walked in the kitchen to start dinner. It was about 5 o'clock so I figured it's a good time to eat. There was a knock on the door but Kay said she'll get it. While putting the country fried steak in the oil I felt a strong presence behind me.

I didn't need to look back cause I already knew who it was. I took the steaks once they were done and put them on a plate to cool. I stirred the mashed potatoes and checked on my greens and gravy. I needed to get the flour to make some cheddar biscuits so I had to turn and see him. I didn't bother looking in his eyes and told him excuse me. I grabbed the flour but the bowl and stirrer were on the top shelf. Kay overly tall ass gets on my nerves as I continued struggling I felt a big hand on my lower back and my fingers were replaced by his big hand. He pressed himself onto me as he got what I needed. He kissed my neck and I shrugged him off. He handed me the stuff and I turned around still locked in his arms. I gently moved his arms as I walked to another side of the counter to make the biscuits. He stared at me while I worked.

I put the biscuits in the oven and cleaned up the area. Helped me out by putting the stuff away and I thanked him still not looking at him. I was about to leave the kitchen after turning the food off and he stopped me by pulling me to him. He lifted my head up so I can look at him. He kissed me passionately and I wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands started to rub and grip my butt as he went to work on my neck.