Birthday 🎈

Arrington Noel Cruz
September 29, 1991

"Okay hold on, so your man is like legit crazy? You can't break up with him." Kayla said as she helped me cook.

"The crazy thing is I don't want to and I don't know why. Like I want to stay."

She nodded. "You know it's not typical for a sociopath to let you in on their life like that. They open up easily but not about real issues like that. Amazingly, I think he could be actually falling in love with you. If so, that's an interesting study. I wish you didn't tell me this in confidence cause then I could've been the psychologist instead of your friend."

I laughed. "I just feel like he needs love. It's like he truly wants to experience genuine love that's mutually shared."

"Of course, like I told you I believe love can cure a million things. Even the most psycho person needs love. That's what a lot of them lack and that's why they end up the way they do. Also, the way he restrains himself from doing what he's capable of doing to you... If it ain't love he has a serious attachment to you."

I bit my lip thinking. As I was about to speak Donald walked in. He greeted Kayla and hugged me from behind putting down groceries I asked him to pick up.

"Happy birthday baby." I said kissing his lips.

"Thanks babe.. I'm gonna ride the bikes with Dalvin."

I nodded. "Alright be safe."

He left and I signaled to Kayla to stay quiet for a while. After 10 minutes I heard his bike pull off.

"He has a habit of when others are around me, he stays around to listen to the conversation."

She nodded and we continued cooking for his birthday dinner. After 3 hours both of us got ready. I started setting the table when De and the guys walked in.

"HEY ARRINGTON!" They all yelled.

"Hi guys. Donald go take a shower and change, guests are coming soon."

He nodded. "Damn what are we?" Dalvin asked.

"Y'all always here, y'all ain't no damn guests."

"You wrong for that." JoJo said going into the living room.

I stopped them. "Uh uh, y'all bring y'all asses in here and help set this table. I know y'all mamas raised y'all better." They sighed and set the table with me. I went to check on De upstairs.

Once I got up there I saw him about to take his pills. He stared at reflection of himself. "You're doing this for Arrington. She really loves you, she wants you to be better." He swallowed them and then put it behind the medicine cabinet.

I walked in knocking. "Hey babe you okay?"

He walked out the bathroom with his towel around his waste. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm getting ready now. You good?" He asked walking into the closet.

"I'm a little nervous about meeting your parents but it's okay."

"Don't be, they're going to love you and if they don't, who cares cause I love you." I nodded as if he could see me. I leaned back on the bed staring at the ceiling.

Turn the bed upside down
Flip me around
Gravity's left the building
I be on top, really I be on the bottom
Cause we gon' be having sex on the ceiling
Take me higher
Take me higher boy
Switch it up one time
180 drive me crazy baby we gon' have sex on the ceiling
I don't ever ever wanna come down boy
I'm have you standing up when I'm around boy
So whenever you get that feeling
Baby we gon' have sex on the ceiling