Biggest Part of Me

Donald Earle DeGrate Jr.
June 16, 1994

"You sure about this De? I mean this is a big step." JoJo asked as we walked into the jewelry store.

"Of course I'm sure man. I love her, I don't wanna sit around wasting time. Now help me find a ring she'll like, you know you're like her best friend."

"You should've brought Kayla since she knew her longer, but I got you."

"No, Kayla has to keep Ari busy. We gotta be quick cause I told her I was in the studio and you know she like to do pop ups."

He laughed looking at a few rings. I decided after 3 years it was time to ask Arrington to be my wife. She's been supporting me and being by my side throughout this crazy time. I've asked her to move in with me since we're always at each other's houses, but she always I ain't shacking up without no ring. I believe we've both grown tremendously and it's about time I show her how committed I am even though she knows I love her to death.

I've been off the pills for two months and so far I've been doing okay. I can tell since I got off the pills Arrington has been a bit more hesitant because she says she doesn't wanna say the wrong thing and have me flip out. I'm still going to therapy mostly because Arrington will call my therapist and make sure I went to my sessions. I haven't had any problems as of yet except for this one incident when Ari and I decided to hang out with the guys at a club (mind you we never go to parties like that) this guy decided to start touching on Ari and whispering in her ear. I heard her several times tell him to back off so I shot him in the leg and we left the club a bit early. Of course that causes Ari and I to get in an argument because she said I went "overboard" whatever that means. She ended up slapping me and I pushed her so she fell on the ground. Other then that, I've been pretty good.

"Ayo De? What about this joint? It's rose gold which is her favorite."

I walked over to where Jo was looking and seen the most gorgeous ring.

It screamed her name so I had to get it

It screamed her name so I had to get it. After paying $10,000 Jo and I left.

"She better say yes cause that shit cost more than a hotel in New York." Jo said getting in the car.

I chuckled. "She ain't got much of a choice." Jo shook his head as we pulled off.

"So how you gonna do it?"

"I was gonna put it in a dessert."

"You trying to kill her?! You know Arrington don't take small bites of food. She'll choke on it. Plan B."

"She don't really like going out like that. She's a homebody. It's tough."

"Take her out to Anthony's. That's her favorite restaurant in New York. Set it up nice and private and then pop the question."