Chapter 11: Bishop Maecia

Clayborn was not amused. 

Lukas was a little rattled but was holding. So that was one good thing. He still couldn't believe that that little rat of a Deacon had attack his Inquisitor like that. Just pulled a bloody knife out of his ass and stabbed her. How had he got the weapon past them? He stomped quickly towards the Bishops offices. The Lady's day hadn't gotten any easier when the Bishop had flatly refused her request (more polite a request then he would have sent) to meet with her immediately.

"Please inform the Inquisitor that I am terribly busy. If she wishes to speak with me, have her report to my office upon her convenience." 

What the hell kind of way was that to talk to an Inquisitor? He rounded the corner of hallway and saw the Bishop's closed door. As they had approached the office the carpeting scattered in the hallway had become richer and had silenced their tread entirely. The art on the walls had grown more…questionable. Nudes were one thing but… Sander reached the door and knocked. He didn't exactly pound but it was certainly a bit loud.

The door creaked open slowly, and the Bishop's secretary poked her head out. She was a sister of the Sisters Dialogus from the world of Teuxen named Petra, strong boned and beautiful. It did not escape their notice that she was wearing blush and eye shadow...most curious for a Sister. "May I help you gentlemen?"

Sander was a bit taken aback. Most Sisters were more demure and was she wearing make up? Sander felt a shiver of warning. Something wasn't right here. He could feel it between the sumptuous surroundings and the curt tone of the Bishops vox and now this Sister. "We are here for the Bishop." His voice left no room for argument, "The Lady Godschilde sent us to escort his Excellency to her."

The sage opened the door further, but stood in the doorway, "Bishop Maecia is very busy. Perhaps the Inquisitor can find the time to come to his offices?"

Lukas actually made a little snorting noise when she said it. But quieted quickly. Sander put one gauntleted hand on the door and pushed it all the way open. The Sage tried to hold the door but Sander easily pushed her aside too. She squeaked but he ignored her. "The Inquisitor has found time for the Bishop. Now." He strode across the inner office and yanked open the door to the Bishops sanctuary calling out harshly, "Your Excellency, the Lady Inquisitor requests your immediate presence."

"Has she, now?" A booming voice drifted out from the inner sanctum. A tall man dressed in voluminous robes of scarlet and a scarf of glittering gold appeared in the doorway. He was portly, but it was "hard fat", making him a thickly built and imposing man. His face was stern and slightly rounded, with thick, gray hair in curls at his temples. An obvious wig worn in the fashion of many Patricians. His voice thundered, "such impudence, this woman...making an old man like me walk all this way!"

"This woman is an Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus. One of the Emperor's own. And the one who rooted out the seed of Chaos in your own flock." Thundered Clayborn. 

"Gracious...this sounds important," He chuckled deeply. Turning to his sage he nodded curtly, "Petra, you had better clear my schedule. Tell the rest of my appointments that I will need to reschedule." He looked at the two stormtroopers, "Lead on, but be mindful of my advanced age in your pace."

Sander swept the Bishop before him with a snide bow and flourish. "Of course, your Excellency." With one final glare at the overly pretty Petra, the troopers marched the Bishop from his office.

Once they reached the room where the Cathedral staff had ensconced the Inquisitor, Sander held the door open for the Bishop. He tried to catch the Inquisitor's eye. He wanted to warn her. But he wasn't sure of what. The Bishop sailed into the room with a swirl of crimson robes to where Simone waited. She was back in what she considered her working clothes while Malachi repaired her armor. Oded had seen to her arm and the wound was dressed now in a thick, clean, white bandage. She gave the Bishop a somewhat chilly smile, "Thank you for joining me here Bishop. I am sure this won't take too much of your time."