Chapter 17: Into the Lion's Den

Hema snuggled into the golden expanse of Gaius' chest, her lips wrapped around a cut on his shoulder, her skin glistening like alabaster in the twilight; the two had slowly migrated to what he called his parlor in the main house, what was once the late Pompeii's bedroom. The walls were adorned with extravagant tapestries, paintings that could be described as nothing short of pornographic, and statues that cast lewd shadows across the room. Hema had paid little attention to their surroundings; for what had filed their time had made the art seem like child's play. 

Licking her lips clean, she rose up tall to sit astride Gaius' hips, pushing back the thick main of ebony from her flushed cheeks. In their short time together she had found herself rather in awe of the man; he had been the first to offer her freedom and the sheer power his mere presence emitted made her blood run hot. 

In her own twisted little mind, she saw fit to assign him a pet name, a name that embodied both a mockery and a testament to his power to his power and their relationship to come. A sensuous grin spread her rosy lips, her voice a low purr, "Dominus…." She ran a fingernail down the center of Gaius' chest, hard enough a few droplets of blood welled up to blend with the ritualistic markings, still she wanted more of him, and she intended to have her way.

Gaius reached out to caress her supple buttocks, then gave her a sharp slap that rang out across the room. At the exact same moment, a deep rumble vibrated through the walls. Gaius lifted himself onto his elbows, a concern on his face. As he listened, there came dull reports of weapons fire, attenuated by the distance and thick walls of the estate. "It seems they've found me a little sooner than I expected..."

Hema jumped and gasped as his palm landed, but quickly her body stiffened, her face falling into a somber expression at the sound of the heavy artillery that ushered in the end of their little 'happy hour'. She grit her teeth and slipped in to capture his lips once more, snaking her tongue between them and nipping the tip of his own pink muscle. Pulling back she turned those blackened pools to his, her face turning almost murderous at the idea of ending their fun. "What are we to do Domi?"

"That depends on who our little party crashers are..." He leaned forward and crooned in her ear. His hands slid up her back to tangle in her hair, then he cruelly pulled her head back painfully. His tongue glided down the side of her neck and his teeth closed about her throat, as though he would tear it out. He bit hard enough to draw tears from the assassin, then showered her neck with light kisses. With a chuckle, he tossed her aside and stood, walking naked to the window. "It appears to be the Adeptus Arbites..." His eyes closed and his head inclined as if inhaling a scent, "No...they are not alone...I sense...Her..."

She twisted and righted herself before hitting the ground on both feet, the tears dribbling down her cheeks and drying up. Her fingertips lovingly stroked the imprint of his teeth on her throat as she followed him with her eyes, listening to his mention of some woman. For a moment Hema thought, there were two women she knew of that had encountered Gaius as a man, one of which she had spoken to. In partial amusement and partial annoyance Hema glowered at the door; so they were the ones interrupting her fun. "Your little bitch came back to play..." She murmured. 

"Harodiah has come, which mean Katherine is here holding her leash," Gaius stretched, his spine popping and crackling. "Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later." He glanced back to Hema with a devilish grin, "I'll just have to accelerate my plans somewhat."

Hema slid her fingers from her neck and straightened her shoulders, falling into an old pattern, then stopped herself at his words. Arcing a dark brow she stepped closer on silent feet, peering out the window with an unconcealed look of distaste. "And where, pray tell, do I fit into those plans?"

He turned to her and idly traced her cheek with the back of his fingers, "You, my dear Hema, must return to the fold as it were. You are in the perfect position to watch the Inquisitor and the Canoness, and keep me apprised of their plans."