Chapter 29: Heresy Hypocracy

Baebianna trembled uncontrollably as Gaius' power flowed through the conduit of her mind, her eyes rolled up into her head. She was lying on her side, on the silken sheets of the bed, jerking in tiny spasms with the Messiah of Slaanesh laying behind her. One arm was looped beneath her, his hand holding her jaw in an iron grip while the other came over her midsection to rest between her legs. His forehead pressed against the back of her skull, his telepathic powers commandeered her own, for she was an Astropath, capable of communicating to anyone of like ability, any distance away. 

'The Troops are ready, then….Praetor Julian?'

The reply was a faint whisper in the back of his mind, 'Yes, master. The Sixth Legion stands ready to mobilize. Twelve hours after your command, we can be in the city.'

'Excellent. You are dismissed.' Gaius cut the psychic link and Baebiana went limp, panting like a dog left out in the heat. She let out soft mewling noises as his hand continued to move and he leaned in to bite her ear painfully, "Let's celebrate."

The doors to his chamber swung wide and Rebecca strode in, her leather wings folded against her back. Her hand was wrapped around the back of a man's neck, practically dragging him before the Messiah of Slaanesh. Gaius glanced over, not bothering to stop his sexual advances with the Astropath. "Do you mind Rebecca? I'm entertaining right now." He raised an eyebrow as he looked upon the handsome cultist who was wincing in pain under her cruel grip. "Or are you looking for a foursome?"

"Tempting," Rebecca purred. "But I think you need to hear what he has to say. This is one of the cultists placed at the cistern on the south edge of the inner catacombs."

"Well?"

"Marines, my lord!" The man blurted, his eyes wide. "In blue armor…Ultramarines I think! They've killed the sentries in the south passages."

Without warning, Gaius reached out and grabbed the man's hair, pulling him to him. His psychic might plowed into hapless cultist, who gurgled helplessly as all control left his body. He writhed in Gaius' grip as he combed through the man's mind, seeking his memories and watching them as though he had experienced them himself. "Ah yes…I recognize that one…good Brother Thale of the Ultramarines. And he's coming from the southern passages…so he should bump into our little pet down there."

"Should we send some Sisters down to eliminate him?" She asked hopefully, relishing the chance to take one of the vaunted Adeptus Astartes hostage to slowly torture and corrupt.

"No need. The Beast will kill them, or delay them enough…" He released the man who tumbled to the floor, his mind shredded. 

Rebecca looked down at the dead cultist with some disappointment as Gaius turned his attention back to Baebianna, "So…I guess the foursome is out then…" 

Simone stepped from the transport into the broad yard of the Sororitas' compound. The ride over had been blessedly uneventful. Even though they had to travel through some of the more questionable neighborhoods. The destruction of the cultist's base of operation and hiding places pleased her. She felt sympathy for the few honest citizens who had surely been caught, but such sacrifices were to be expected. 

Though Katherine had been good about reporting, Simone had still wanted to make this trip. She wanted to see for herself the Sister's arrangements. And, admittedly, the lure of the peace she would find in the convent was appealing. She shivered remembering Gaius' hands wrapped around her wrists and his hot breath on her neck. She closed her eyes for a second and shoved the thoughts as far down as she could to seal them off. She needed to be clear headed. She strode to the closed doors of the entrance with Malachi and Lucas at her heels.