Chapter 3

I was staring at myself in the full-length mirror in my bedroom. Tonight's my first date with Dakota and I was debating whether I should dress up, or wear something casual. Since I have no idea what she's wearing, this makes it all just harder. Sebastian and Zach were to no use when I asked them. All they said was "wear nice underwear" and I tried telling them that getting laid wasn't my intensions with this date. I'm taking her mini golfing for goodness sake.

Eventually I decided to wear a white t-shirt, a grey hoodie along with my black, regular bomber jacket. It was simple, but still nice. Dark blue jeans, a pair of black Vans and I was good to go. Before I left my room, I ran my fingers one more time through my quiff and checked to see if I smelled good, which I did.

I grabbed my things and rushed downstairs, hoping that mum wouldn't stop me. But knowing my mother, she was already waiting for me by the front door.

"Going somewhere?"

"Yes, and I'm running a bit late, so if you could just..." I said, trying to sneak past her.

"You know you can't leave the house without telling me where you're going."

You see; my mum can be a little overprotective. That's why she doesn't allow me to have my bedroom door locked, staying out after midnight or leave the house without letting her know where I'll be. She's always assuming the worst. According to her, I'm either getting high or car accident of some kind. Even though she's met Sebastian and Zach hundred times, she still thinks I hang out with people that are bad for me.

"I have a date." I replied, seeing a smile appear on her lips.

"Really? With who?"

"Dakota Jones, a girl from school."

Even saying that made me excited.

"Oh!" She suddenly exclaimed. "Are you going on a date with Robert and Veronica's daughter?"

I shrugged. "I guess. And their daughter is waiting for me to pick her up."

"Oh, of course!" Mum happily said, stepping aside. "Have fun you two!"

I mumbled a "thank you" under my breath before closing the front door.

Dakota rushed out from her house just as I had turned off my car. I was about to go ring the bell, but I guess that won't be necessary. She had a mischievous grin on her lips as she ran down towards my car. At least she wasn't dressed up either. Just wearing her normal black, ripped jeans along with a dark green jumper.

"Hey." She exhaled once she slammed the car door shut. "Right on time."

"I thought I was late." I said as she tugged at her seat belt.

"You do know how to tell time, right?" She giggled. "Because if you don't, I'll have to teach you."

"I can tell time, don't worry." I chucked, starting up the car again.

"And if you're wondering why I didn't let you come get me by the door, it's because meeting parents doesn't happen until at least fourth date." She explained to me as we drove down the street.

"Oh crap, does that mean I can't bring mum with us on our next date?" I joked, actually making her laugh a little.

"Sorry. Parents aren't allowed just yet."

Taking about more dates in the beginning of the first was new to me. But at the same time it felt kind of normal, like it was already settled that we're going to be dating from now on. I've been so nervous the entire day, but now I don't feel nervous at all. Everything felt relaxed and not uncomfortable at all. Some people would probably call this faith or something as stupid as that, but those people could be right. I should be sweating like crazy right now, hands slipping off the wheel and my voice would crack. But I felt calm and I wasn't sweating at all. I like where this is going already.