Part 1: In the midsts of battle

(Note:Thoughts are written in cursive bold)

His three man squad swiftly makes their way through the dense forest. Jumping from tree to tree. Silently. Suddenly a bird flies up into the air with a scream.

He lifts up his right arm ordering his team to an abrupt stop. They scan the area for any signs of the enemy before heading out once again.

Earlier that day they received their mission. Their orders are to locate and destroy an enemy hideout. According to Intel they received the hideout contains a large amount of weapons and poisons that are being used against the Hidden Leaf in battle.

"I believe this is it," the one man whispers.

"Tokā,ready?"

"Ready," he answers activating his sensory skills.

The others wait patiently as their team mate studies the surrounding area for chakra signatures by pressing his one hand on the tree and closing his eyes.

"Found them," he suddenly opens his eyes,"there are 20 enemies surrounding the place seven of which are below us."

After working out a strategy Tokā and his team quickly and easily took out the seven enemy below them before proceeding to kill the remaining thirteen.

Everything went according to plan. They took out the rest of the enemy after which they proceeded to plant bombs.

The bombs were set to self destruct in 30 seconds. This gave Tokā and his team more than enough time to escape before everything is destroyed. As they headed back a large explosion shakes the earth beneath their very feet.

Tokā and his team headed back into the forest. Suddenly about a dozen paper bombs fly and explode all around them. They managed to dodge them all but the attack took them by surprise.

"Reinforcements," one of the other team members observes out of breath.

Tokā and his team are outnumbered four to one. But this didn't stop them from fighting for their home for the Hidden Leaf Village.

They fought for hours on end. One by one the enemy fell until eventually two remained. Tokā and his team managed to beat the odds. Exhausted,bruised and beaten they helped each other up and headed for home.

As they started walking,slowly,they hear something behind them. But before they could turn around it was too late. A number of small explosions erupted around them.

Some distance away a member of the Legendary Sannin was making her way up the hill with two other medics. The explosion catches her attention and she decides to lead her team in that direction.

Lightning cracks open the dark sky above them followed by the deep beating drum of thunder.

A few minutes later ...

She arrives at the battle zone. Dead,Sand,shinobi are scattered all over the place. The smell of burnt flesh quickly filled the air. She orders her team to scout the surrounding area for any dead Hidden Leaf shinobi.

"Milady over here!"

She quickly makes her way towards the medic who called her name. They found,what remained of, Tokā's body under a tree. The one medic quickly examined him and made it clear that he had been killed by an explosives.

"Search for the rest of his team which means we have to find the other two if they are indeed dead," she orders.

She and her team scouted the area for about 20 minutes but failed to find the the other two shinobi. They started to head back in the direction they came until something catches her eye.

A person's feet is vicible from underneath a bush. His movements is causing the bush to shake but she couldn't not tell if he was the enemy or not. She carefully headed over.

"Milady be careful it could be a trap," one medic warned.

"Yes I know," she nodded.

She proceeds to move the bush away from his face. In her right hand she holds the kunai tight just in case he is the enemy.

But the unexpected happened. Time it self seems to slow down as she drops the kunai. Her heartbeat triples. A cold shiver runs down her spine.

Another whip crack of lightning lights up the sky as the heavens open up and rain begins to pour down on them.

"Dan!" She screams from the top of her lungs.

His pale,blue,hair is stained with blood. There is blood spatter all over his face. She looks down to see that his chest cavity has been ripped open. This reveals his lungs struggling to breath.

"T-suna-de," he struggles to speak her name.

A panic unlike any other attacked her. Never in all her years as a medicalnin has she felt this scared and heartbroken at the same time.

She tears open what's left of his flack jacket. Blood seeps from his wounds as she activates her medical ninjutsu. Her hands start to glow green as she presses them against his torn up chest.

"Tsunade," he tries to lift his hand to touch her cheek.

"Don't speak. Conserve your energy please," tears start to roll down her face along with the rain.

"I ... d-on't want to die," his eyes start to close.

"I promise I won't let you die," she doubles her healing effort.

"I w-ant to live m-y life with you and fulfill my dream," more blood pours from his wound.

"And you will," she continues trying to heal his wounds.

"Thank you," his eyes close.

Tsunade felt Dan's life slip through her fingers. His life seems to leave his body almost instantly. Her efforts seem futile as she tries desperately to save him.

"Don't go!" She screams as more tears run down her face.

"Tsunade he's ..."

"Don't go Dan!" She cries out refusing to stop healing him.

"Tsunade he's dead. Stop it!" One of the other medics yell at her.

By now Tsunade has his blood all over her hands and face. Her blonde hair smothered with the blood of her loved one. The rain desperately trying to wash it away.

"You can't go," she whispers as she puts her head on his bloody,torn,chest.