Part 4:The light in the dark

3 days later ...

The heat of the morning sun bakes against Jiraiya's face. He slowly but surely came to. His vision is blurred as he tries to open his eyes. A throbbing pain still lingers in his head as he slowly sits upright.

"Ah my head," he holds his head in his hands.

After a few minutes the blurriness stopped as his eyes finally come into focus. A burning sensation starts in his throat.

"Where am I?"

Jiraiya's mind urgently tries to piece together what happened but it is to no avail. He only remembers them being attacked ...

"Tsunade!" He jumps to his feet but struggles to balance and nearly falls over.

Ah my head. I feel so weak but I have to find Tsu ...

A knock at the door interrupts his thoughts. At first he does not answer and leans against the wall for balance.

"Jiraiya it's Tsunade," her voice sounds distant from behind the door.

"Oh come in," he sits back down still holding his head in his hands.

The door slowly opens and in comes Tsunade with a bunch of medicine. She sees Jiraiya on the bed.

"You're finally awake," she puts the medicine on the bed next to him.

"Yeah. What happened?" He looks at her.

"I'll fill you in on the detail later," she opens one of the boxes.

"What's all the medicine for?" He asks curious.

"For your headache and the burning sensation in your throat," she hands him a pill and water.

"Thanks. Hey wait how did you know about that?"

"Orochimaru had the very same symptoms," she sighs.

"How is he?"

"He is fine he came to about 3 hours ago," she smiles.

"How long were we out?" He drinks the pill.

"Three days."

Tsunade gets up and walks towards the door. In her heart she is happy that her friends and teammates had finally recovered. Now they can go come. Finally.

About 2 hours later ...

Jiraiya exits his motel room looking for his teammates. He finds them sitting under a tree in front of the motel. He makes his way outside greeting them.

"There you two are," he points out happy.

"We are ready to go if you are?" Tsunade asks anxious.

"Sure just don't give me that look," he bursts out with laughter.

Konoha is 4 days walk east from their current position.
After a little chatting and some enlightenment they head back home.

They make a few stops along the way to rest and buy supplies. They were lucky enough to not encounter any enemy all the way.

Three days later ...

The team arrive in Konoha early morning. The people of the village are already busy doing their day to day duties. None the less they are welcomed by the people with friendly smiles.