Part 2 The hope in the hopeless

After a few moments she lifted her head from his chest her hair dragging through the blood. The tears continued to stream down her face.

"I won't let you die ... I promised," she activated her medical ninjutsu again.

"Tsunade!?"

"Shut up! I'm not letting him die," she snapped back angry tears brimming in her eyes.

Once again her hands glows green as she presses them against his chest trying to heal the massive hole in his chest. She pours as much chakra in her jutsu as possible.

She sat there for a few moments healing him but nothing happened. Her efforts seemed futile. Tsunade looks down at him anger and sorrow festering in her heart.

How dare you leave me all alone? How dare you die? Please Dan don't go. Please.

She deactivates her medical ninjutsu. Rule number one: no medical ninja shall ever stop medical treatments until the lives if their party members have come to an end.

"Tsunade I'm sorry. You did everything you could," the other medic places his hand on her shoulder.

She slowly gets up with her head held low and gathers her gear. The pools of water below them had already colored red from all the blood.

"We should take their bodies?" The one medic asked.

"Yes," her reply was short and bitter.

The medics prepared to wrap the bodies of Dan and Tokā in sheets. Tsunade looks up at the sky as the rain falls on her face. She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

Just then a coughing noise breaks the silence. Tsunade reacted by running over to Dan and putting her ear near his mouth. She hears a slight groan.

Tsunade looks at his chest to find that there is some movement. Slightly. Up and down. Barely noticeable.

"Dan,he's alive!" She shouts for their assistance.

"What?" One medic quickly rushed over and checks his pulse,"it's faint."

Tsunade didn't know what to feel. Sad? Or Happy? Seeing him like this is breaking her heart but the fact that he is alive brought an unspeakable joy over her heart.

He might not make it in his condition.

"We have to get him back to Konoha as fast as possible!" She commanded.

They summoned a stretcher which they carried around in a scroll. Gently they placed Dān on it and headed home. The other medic picks up Tokā's body and walks behind them all they back to Konoha.