Part 8:Dan's student

Dan walks to the training ground with his hands in his pockets. As he walks by,the hollow thumping of kunai hitting wooden targets,catches his attention. He stops to look where the sound is coming from.

Dan notices a boy with dark hair,wearing a white short sleeved shirt with a black and blue collar over chain-male armour along with a simple,white,vest and a pair of black pants.

He marks that the boy is funneling chakra into the kunai and throwing them at the wooden targets. But it seems like he's having a hard time getting the kunai to pass straight through.

Isn't he?

Dan decides to help him out. The boy tries one more time but fails again. He falls to his knees,out of breath,sweat dripping down his forehead and onto the ground.

"Hey there," Dan stops next to him.

The boy slowly looks up to the man standing next to him,"hi there mister uh?"

"Name's Dan Katō," he stretches out his hand and pulls the boy to his feet.

"Asuma Sarutobi," he wipes the sweat from his face.

Lord Third's son as I predicted. He looks a lot like his father.

"You are practising Bukijutsu right?"

"Yes but I'm struggling to get the kunai straight through," young Asuma sighs.

"I might be able to help with that. Do you know what your chakra natures are?"

"Fire and I've an affinity for Wind," he says proud.

"Wind huh? I've wind release as well along with a few others," Dan smiles.

"Does that mean you'll train me?" Young Asuma's eyes light up.

"Of course I will," he ruffles Asuma's hair.

"Master," Asuma bows.

"Dan?" A familiar voice says behind him.

"Tsunade," he smiles warm.

"What are you doing?" She asks confused.

"I'm helping Asuma with training," he chuckles.

"Sensei's kid?"

"Exactly."

"Wow! You're one of the Legendary Sannin!" Asuma comes closer excited.

Although Tsunade would never admit it she loves compliments. Asuma standing before her with sparkling eyes and an excited look makes her feel flattered.

"Indeed I am," she smiles.

"You didn't tell me you hang out with the Legendary Sannin master," Asuma pouts.

"Well I don't actually hang out with them. I just hang out with her," he laughs.

"It's still cool," he pouts again.

"Sorry to interrupt but I've to go,on my next mission,Dan."

"We'll walk you to the gate," Dan smiles.

Dan and young Asuma accompany Tsunade to the main gate where her team mates waits for her.

Tsunade bends down and looks at Asuma,"take care of him."