Part 3:The Hero in the Hold

Sometime later in the Hokage's office ...

Tsunade,Jiraiya and Orochimaru stand quietly listening to what their sensei and Hokage had to say. He explains to them that for the next few months the three of them will go on missions again.

"But?" Tsunade protests.

"Tsunade I know you are concerned over Dan's well being but we are in the midsts of war," Hiruzen speaks with authority.

"I know," she clenches her fist while looking down.

"Don't worry I will have the best medics take care of him while you are gone," Hiruzen tries to comfort her.

"Thank you sensei," she tries to smile.

"Your next mission starts now," Hiruzen takes out a scroll and opens it.

Hiruzen spends all most 30 minutes briefing them on the mission. Being the Legendary Sannin he knows their presence will strike fear into the hearts of their enemy. This is the reason they where assigned this S rank mission.

A few minutes later ...

Hiruzen sees his students off at the main gate wishing them luck on their mission. He continues to look at them until the three disappears from his sight.

It takes the Legendary Sannin a time period of three weeks and four days to find and track down their enemy.

Their targets are a group of Sand shinobi who supply the Hidden Sand village with vast amounts of poison. Countless Leaf shinobi would've lost their lives to these poisons if it wasn't for Tsunade's medical expertise.

"There they are," Jiraiya whispers.

"We should ambush them," Orochimaru points out.

"Agreed," Tsunade nods.

The three Sannin swiftly make their way up into the trees,patiently,waiting for the enemy to pass by underneath them.

They wait for the precise moment to strike. Catching their enemy off guard and quickly gaining the upper hand despite being outnumbered.

Jiraiya uses his hair to protect Tsunade and Orochimaru as the enemy tries to attack by means of paper bombs tied to kunai.

Just then Tsunade bursts out punching the ground creating a small tremor. The ground beneath the enemy's feet crack open causing them to fall inside.

Orochimaru uses his snakes to subdue and kill the remaining enemy. He then starts to collect the poison that they carried with them.

"Move!" Tsunade shouts as she back flips out of the way.

But it's too late. Suddenly two ball like objects explode near Jiraiya and Orochimaru releasing a light green and blue smoke.

The two of them hardly has a chance to try and escape before dropping to the ground on their knees. Both cough and shake uncontrollable.

"Jiraiya! Orochimaru!" Tsunade shouts watching her teammates disappear in the cloud of smoke.

Suddenly a kunai hits the tree near Tsunade's feet. She spots the paper bomb and manages to jump out of the tree before it explodes.

Unexpectedly a woman appears from inside the smoke wearing a gas mask. She carries a few scrolls with her along with bottles of poison strapped to her belt.

"Who are you!?" Tsunade demanded.

The woman walks away from the cloud of smoke then takes off her mask dropping it on the ground.