Part 5: Perfect Pieces

The next few weeks was all about,physical,therapy. Tsunade helps Dan to walk and move around again. Being comatosed for so long weakened his legs.

"Slowly now there is no need to rush," Tsunade helps him to stand up.

"I'll try," Dan chuckles.

She helps him to his feet by throwing his arm over her shoulder. They slowly make their way outside the hospital. Step by step.

"That's it one step at a time," Tsunade encourages him.

"It's more difficult than I anticipated," he admits.

She removes his arm from her neck taking both his hands and holding them. They stand opposite each other.

"Try to walk towards me."

Dan is off to a wobbly start but he manages to take the two steps toward her without falling.

He backs up a bit to try it again. Tsunade holds his hands,tight,not letting go. This time he is off to a better start having a little bit more balance.

For every step he takes toward her she takes one back. This allows them to walk some distance before Dan asks for a break. Tsunade helps him to sit down before making herself comfortable next to him.

After a short rest he asks Tsunade to try again. Once again she takes his hands in hers and helps him to his feet. Like a dance every step he takes forward she takes one back walking with him.

Until suddenly Dan trips over a small stone nearly ploughing into Tsunade's breasts. Suddenly his,blue-green,eyes meet with her,honey,brown eyes. He smiles warmly.

Dān moves a bit closer still holding onto Tsunade's hands. She blushes a bright red,unexpectedly,looking away. A goofy grin appears on his face.

"I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable," he scratches the back of his head smiling.

"Don't be," she smiles.

"Thank you for everything Tsunade," he smiles polite.

"It's a genuine pleasure," she helps him too balance.

She throws his arm around her neck once more as they head back to the hospital. Supporting his weight on her shoulders. Both smile at each other as they,slowly, but surely walk back.

"Good night Dan," Tsunade smiles looking over her shoulder.

"Good night Tsunade," he smiles back.

In between helping Dan recover she went on missions with Jiraiya and Orochimaru. After all war is still being waged and it waits for no one.

After a few more weeks of physical therapy Dan is discharged from the hospital. The road to recovery was a long,tiring,one but none the less he made it. Finally.

His home is located about ten blocks away from the hospital. Unfortunately Dan had to escort himself home since Tsunade and her teammates are off on another mission.

It takes him approximately 30 minutes,without all the delay,to walk home. Dan is well known in the Leaf village not just because he is dating the worlds best medical-nin and member of the legendary Sannin but because he is widely feared for his kekkei genkai.

This jutsu enables his spirit to leave his body and posses the body of another person. Thus enabling him to use the other person's body to kill or to just kill the person on the spot.

As he makes his way home he is greeted by many people. Some familiar and others not so familiar. None the less the warm greetings of everyone make him feel at ease.