Part 6: Love under the stars

It had been a week since Dan left for his mission and he hasn't returned yet. For Tsunade waiting for his return is like waiting for the world to end. It's taking forever.

Her studies are,unexpectedly,interrupted when a flash of lightning lights up Konoha followed by the deep roar of thunder. A storm has been brewing in the south and made its way north.

It didn't take long for the heaven's to open and bless the earth with water. Lots of it too. She stares at the droplets sliding down the window some faster than others.

A another flash of lightning cracks open the,dark,sky before the thunder answers with a deep boom. Tsunade flinches closing her eyes waiting for the loud noise to pass.

After opening her eyes she looks at the sky. Please come back safe. She hugs the books in her arms tight. A,sudden,knock at the door grabs her attention.

She places the book,gently,on the table before walking to the door. Tsunade swallows a ball of spit deep down preparing her for the worst.

"Yes?" She opens the door.

"Hello Tsunade," he greets friendly.

Dan smiles warm looking at Tsunade. His,entire,body is drenched in water forming a puddle underneath his feet. Water droplets cling to his eye lashes. She propels herself forward hugging him,not caring about getting wet herself,before inviting him inside.

"I'll make us some tea and get you a towel," she says disappearing around the corner.

He chuckles nervous staring at the small water puddle forming on her floor. I hope she doesn't kill me for this.

"Here you go," she hands him a,white,towel.

"Sorry about the floor," he takes the towel scratching the back of his head.

She smiles polite going into the kitchen turning on the kettle,"it's okay."

He takes off his headband placing it on the table. Dan proceeds to dry his face. Tsunade comes back with two cups of tea on a tray.

"Feel free to sit," she puts the tray on the remaining space of the table.

"But?" He laughs nervous,"I'm still soaking wet."

"You can sit on the towel," she laughs.

"Thank you Tsunade," he sits on the towel and reaches to take his tea.

Tsunade sips,politely,on her tea. Her eyes wander from him to his headband. She notices that the corner of his headband has been chipped away. Did he get into a serious fight?

"Don't worry I'm fine," he smiles at her.

"Oh ... I," her words trail off as she looks away.

"The part chipped away when I put it on," he sips his tea.

"I'm just glad you are back in one piece," she admits.

"And I'm glad to be back," he smiles polite.

He finishes his tea placing the empty cup on the tray. With a smile he gets up.

"I've to report back to the Hokage," he picks up the towel.