Part 15:The continuation of the Senju clan

Eight and a half months later ...

By now Tsunade is heavily pregnant and the pregnancy was taking its toll on her. Back ache was the number one problem but over all she was happy.

The wind has been blowing on and off the entire morning in The Hidden Leaf. Dan and Tsunade had just finished breakfast. They both sit in the warmth of the morning sun on the porch.

"Any ideas on a name?" Dan asks smiling

"That's right we haven't even put much thought into naming the baby," Tsunade chuckles.

"I guess we will know when the time is right,perhaps when the baby is born?" He smiles.

"I think so too. We don't even know the gender," she touches her stomach.

"I remember. We agreed that we didn't want to know and that you,with your medical skills,would promise to not reveal it," he looks at her.

Suddenly Kakashi appears in front of them,"sorry to disturb but Lord Fourth summons you."

Dan nods. He gets up and puts on his shoes. Before leaving he greets his wife with a broad smile walking off with his hands in his pockets.

            2 hours later ...

Dan makes his way home with a heavy heart. Taking off his shoes with a deep sigh. He slowly makes his way to the door reluctantly opening it.

He walks into the house to find that Tsunade isn't in the living room or the kitchen. He grudgingly makes his way up stairs to their bedroom.

~Flashback~

"But Lord Fourth my child is due in the next two weeks!?"

"I know and I'm sorry,Dan."

"It will take me a week to travel to the Village Hidden in the Mist and a week back," Dan protests.

"I'm sorry Dan. I know it's important;very important. But that scroll belongs to us and if it falls into the wrong hands ..."

"Can't you send someone else just this once?" He pleads.

"Unfortunately not. I'm afraid most of our top Jonin and Chuunin are out on missions. You are the,last,best Jonin we have that I trust."

"I understand Sir," he answered bitter.

He walked out of the office. A heavy feeling formed in the pit of his stomach. How will I tell Tsunade? She will be heartbroken. Devastated.