Part 13:Tsunade's heartache

Two and a half years later ...

Dan and Tsunade each sold their houses and bought a double story house. The house is located near the river that runs through the village,near all the necessary shops and the hospital.

              18:00 sunset

Where is she? Its been six hours since she left. I wonder if she ran into an old friend or an emergency? Guess I'll start dinner since it's getting late.

Dan closes the book he was reading idly getting up from the porch and going inside. The sun kissed the sky in colors of red and orange before setting.

He places the book on the table in the living room before heading to the kitchen. Dan grabs the white apron hanging near the fridge hastily putting it on.

He walks to the cupboard taking out the uncooked rice before heading to the fridge to get the vegetables and fresh fish which he bought  earlier.

Dan turns on the rice cooker adding the rice and water setting it to cook about 40 minutes. He takes out a large kitchen knife swiftly cutting the carrots into slices adding them to the rest of the vegetables in a pot on the stove.

Dan then turns on the stove leaving the vegetables to boil before reverting his attention to the fish. With precision he cuts the fish into strips;carefully placing each piece in the pan. He ads spices turning up the heat just enough.

"Dan?" Tsunade asks placing the brown,grocery filled,bag on the table.

"Oh,hello Tsuna,I didn't hear you come in."

"Are you actually cooking dinner alone?"

"Well yes because it was getting late," he turns over the pieces if fish.

"You could've waited for me you know," she unpacks the groceries.

"Now my Love you know you can't make dinner without me," he teases.

"What is that suppose to mean," she frowns folding her arms.

"Well you aren't the best cook," he smiles nervously scratching the back of his head.

"Hey! I'm not that bad," she shakes her fist at him.

"It's okay I love spoiling you anyway," he checks the vegetables.

"Mmmm I've to admit it does smell quite delicious," she smells the air.

"So what took you so long?"

"Oh I had to go to the hospital to attend to an emergency," she leans against the table.

"I thought something like that happened," he chuckles.

"I'm famished," she admits.

"Don't worry the food will be done in about fifteen minutes," he smiles polite.