Part 14:The Fourth Hokage

6 months later ...

"Okay sir the candidates are:
1.) Jiraiya
2.) Minato Namikaze
3.) Tsunade
4.) Dan Katō "

The Third Hokage sits back in his chair smoking his pipe impatiently tapping his one finger on the desk. He stands up to look out the window staring at his own reflection for a moment.

"Jiraiya already refused," he admits somewhat annoyed.

"I see Sir," the Anbu Black Ops member draws a line through Jiraiya's name.

"Summon Tsunade and Dan next," Hiruzen commands still smoking his pipe.

"Understood Sir," he disappears in a cloud of smoke.

             Meanwhile ...

Dan is sitting in the shade under a tree,near the river, reading a book. He is wearing his usual black shirt,without the flack jacket,and pants.

He stares at his distorted reflection in the water. Suddenly the sound of footsteps catch his attention. Dan smiles seeing it's none other than Tsunade.

"Hello,my Dear," he smiles at her.

"Hello," she holds her hands behind her back smiling at him.

"Where have you been?" He asks curious.

"Oh,it's a long story," she smiles nervous sitting down next to him.

"Are you okay?" Dan raises a brow.

She closes the book taking it from him and placing it next to her sitting on her knees. Tsunade keeps her one hand behind her back. She reddens taking his hand in hers.

"Tsuna?" He smiles.

"Guess what?" She giggles like a naughty school girl.

"What?" He asks keen.

She leans forward her lips nearly touching his ear. Tsunade whispers something in his ear with a smile. His grip tightens on her hand as his face lights up.

"How sure are you?" He asks barely containing his excitement.

"Well I am the best medical-nin in the world,"she brags," but i went to get a second opinion anyway."

He suddenly hurls himself forward knocking her over into the grass. They both laugh with excitement.

"You are going to be the best mother in the world," he kisses her passionately.

"And you the best father," she looks into his eyes smiling.

He gets up pulling her too her feet. She throws her arms around his neck hugging him tight. Dan peeks over her shoulder seeing the papers in her hand.

"Are those?" He asks.

"Yes the test papers," she smiles.

Unexpectedly in a cloud of smoke a member of the Anbu Black Ops appear. He bows before them.

"Milady and Sir sorry to interrupt," he speaks formal still bowing.

"Yes?" They answer simultaneously.

"Lord Third summons your presence," he disappears in a puff of smoke.

           Awhile later ...

Dan and Tsunade arrives at the Hokage's office. Tsunade knocks before entering still holding the papers in her hand. The Anbu member they met earlier stands quietly holding a paper in his hand.