Chapter 12

I was running and I was alive. I breathed in the scent of the air, smelling a storm heading my way but I didn't care. I felt free. My bare feet hit the ground, taking me farther and farther away from the place that didn't want me. Even my own mate was scared of me...

I fell face first into the dirt, wincing as I stood up, my knee bleeding from my trip. I walked to the river near by and cleaned my knee. I turned towards a bush when it rustled.

"Who's there?" I yelled out bravely. Suddenly wolves circled me, growling their teeth showing, close to attacking. They split momentarily to let their leader, a pure black wolf, the alpha of their  pack, through. He stepped closer, threatening me with his stance. A part of me wanted to back down, let him kill me, submit to my fate. I didn't. 

Barks and howls were heard behind me as i took off, transforming into my wolf. I became one with the Earth and Sky, one with the Water and Wind, I joined forces with Fire, the Darkness, and the Light. This was truly living. 

My legs kept pumping as fast as they could, I could smell the others chasing me, not too far behind. All of a sudden it went black. My head was pulsing and I could feel blood running down my side, pooling around me as I lay naked, now in my human form. I tried looking around me but everything was a blur. I see  the black wolf change into Cameron and he was... he was crying?

"Aqua.. I'm so sorry..." 

I woke up panicking. I kept telling myself it was only a dream but it felt so real. Cameron wasn't laying next to me, our bond making me miss him when all I want is for this to disappear. 

I grabbed a bag, stuffing some clothes, money, my phone, my charger, headphones, and necessary things like deodorant and a razor, in it. I throw on some grey joggers and a black hoodie . I throw on my shoes and sneak downstairs with my bag. I see Cameron sleeping on the couch and I cover him with the blanket and tears start rolling down my face. I shouldn't be this emotional... I think to myself as i wipe my eyes. 

I walk out quietly and I take off, sprinting into the forest trying to find my way into the city. I finally make it and I go to a nearby motel that happened to still be open. I paid for the night and I went to the room. Behind the closed doors I broke down crying. I'm so sorry Cameron... 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!! I finally updated after forever. Sorryyy. Love you guys!