10: More Than Homies

*This Goldlink, Jazmine Sullivan song gives me life😩*

Ch. 10

 10

"But what does she look like?" Gideon asks for the millionth time after me avoiding the question

"But what does she look like?" Gideon asks for the millionth time after me avoiding the question. I was trying to talk him into the blind double date with me, Zipporah, and Sahara but he wasn't goin for it. At least not without knowing what the 'mystery' girl looks like.

"I told you," I lied as I held a hose filling a bucket. I hadn't told him anything otherwise he wouldn't want to go. I could easily say pretty and petite, but if I said she's dark skin he would immediately say no.

It was no time before we're supposed to be starting this car wash to raise money with some of our fellow fraternities and sororities for an organization we're working with. I looked around the parking lot as each organization was separated in different areas. We were each designated a task. Us Kappas had the job of washing and rinsing cars. There wasn't a single Delta in sight particularly Zipporah. She was the only one I cared about. I just wanted to be blessed with the sight of her. We didn't even need to talk.

"Show me the girls Instagram or somethin'. Yo ass could be setting me up for failure," Gideon says making me look at him.

"I don't have her Instagram. My date didn't give me all dat," I say filling up the next bucket. "Why you gotta be so difficult? Just come and see what the chick is about...beyond her appearance. You always chasing the finest chicks, but clearly they're not about shit or else you wouldn't still be putting your dick in any and everything. Only a girl with substance is worth changing for. This could be ya soulmate, you never know." I was filling him with bullshit just to get him to come, but it was the truth.

Me being my curious self I wanted to see if what happened between him and Sahara would come out. Maybe then they're beef could be settled. And maybe then Gideon's attitude would get better because quite frankly I'm tired of it.

"Fine. If she's butt ass ugly I'm walking out and you know I will."

"Thank you, my brotha," I say exchanging a fold up with him.