23: Polarized

Ch. 23

The 13th rule of radical tactics by Saul Alinsky: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, & polarize it

The 13th rule of radical tactics by Saul Alinsky: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, & polarize it. That was the method I was going to use to get back at him. I definitely personalized it. We built a friendship & now a sexual bond. Some may just say it's sex, but no matter how little it means, you're still tying souls with someone. Then after personalization, I wanted to polarize him from his crew. I wanted to divide & drive them apart making him go against his best friend. Instead I turned them all into 'good guys' who suddenly like black girls. Damn, I'm more powerful than I think.
-Z.D.

I drive Sahara's convertible Volkswagen Beetle as No Problem by Chance the Rapper plays. She dances in the passenger seat as I stop at the red light. I asked her to come with me to meet up with Josiah who wants to shoot me for his portfolio. Although, him and I texted every so often since we met at my aunts engagement party, I didn't know him like that to go alone. There's no telling what he could do to my ass. He could rape and kill me. Plus, photographers can be creeps sometimes.

"I hope he can show me some tips. I bought this camera thinking I was going to be on my photographer shit," Sahara says making me look at her in the passenger seat..

 I bought this camera thinking I was going to be on my photographer shit," Sahara says making me look at her in the passenger seat

I chuckle then I say, "The lens cap is still on, doofus."

She looks at the camera saying, "Oh. I knew that. He go to Georgetown, right?" She asks as I nod my head. It gets quiet as I think. I had a lot to ask her, but even as her best friend I knew it wasn't my place or business.

Sometimes I realize how protective we are over each other. It can be a bit much. We're grown and can handle ourselves. I just want what's best for her. The same goes for her. Shit, I just don't want her to go back to the old Sahara; bitter and angry. Let's be honest before she fully forgave Gideon and started talking to Markel, she wasn't the most pleasant person.

She had a lot of negative stuff to say, especially when it came to men. I was just used to it, so I tuned it out. Once she started talking to Markel that was the happiest I've seen her in a minute. All Gideon is going to do is make her revert back to her old self because I know from the past.