13: Afraid

*Usually idc if y'all don't listen to the music I put in the mm, but every song I'm using for this story is vibessss to the pt I made a playlist on Apple Music lol*

Ch. 13

 13

Ephesians 4:31-2 said: "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice

Ephesians 4:31-2 said: "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you." I'm still a work in progress. I'm still hurting on the inside. I'm still hurting others. I'm still pushing away people out of fear and mistrust. How do I make it stop? I just want to be open...Open to love.
-Z.D.

"Zi!" I hear Sahara yell from my bathroom.

"Yes?" I call back as I post my blog, log out then turn my computer off.

"Avez-vous un eye-liner?"  She asks in French as I get up from my desk.

"Oui, regardez dans le panier sur le comptoir," I reply as I sit on my bed beginning to put my Nivea lotion on.

"Can y'all stop all that bonjour, oui, oui shit. Y'all know I can't stand that shit. I would like to be included," Nubia says from my vanity while curling her hair. Today is Saturday so that means the end to Homecoming week. Earlier in the day we went to the game at 1 doing all the usual like tailgating and more. Now we're getting ready to go to a party. I was pretty much ready. My hair and makeup is done, I just need to put my dress and shoes on.

I laugh then say to Sahara, "Nous devrions parler français toute la nuit pour l'irriter."

"D'accord," Sahara says laughing.

"Cut that shit out!" Sahara yells. "Y'all got me feeling like a basic bitch because I'm not bilingual. And Americans have the nerve to look down on these poverty stricken countries. Y'all smart as hell. Y'all come out the womb speaking ten languages and they wait until high school to try and teach us. By then it's too late because the mind has developed. That's why they took from y'all because they knew...they knew if you were smart AND had money it would be ova for them." She says pointing the curling iron at me.