20: Color Blind?

Ch. 20

 20

I sit at Howard University Radio aka WHUR-FM 96

I sit at Howard University Radio aka WHUR-FM 96.3 waiting for the show to start. The host of the radio show asked me to come for a segment on Glasshouse Radio, which is a radio talk show aimed at Howard students. For some reason I'm constantly getting asked to do things like this whether it's radio interviews or interviews for the newspaper.

I guess because I was at one point very obnoxiously opinionated. When I first came to Howard, I said what I wanted not caring what anyone had to say about it. I definitely made for some good entertainment when I was young and reckless at the mouth. Hopefully I can change my image this year. That's why chicks like Sydney and others hated me with a passion...

When the door opens to the room I look up from my phone to see Zipporah walk in. For a second I think she's just coming to sit in the room to watch or listen because people do that, but she hugs the host. Her eys connect with me then the host Sean says, "Zi, this is D'Anthony. D, this is Zipporah."

"We know each other," she says waving with a smile as I give her a head nod.

"Coo, that'll make the conversation better." I raise my eyebrows. I mean, he told me there would be a female guest, but I didn't know it was her.

"Where do you want me to sit?" She asks Sean as he points to the seat next to me. She takes her bag from around her putting it on the back of the seat sitting next to me.

I lean into her saying, "Didn't I just talk to yo ass and say I was coming here? Why you ain't say nothin'?"

She gives me a sly smile saying, "I didn't think my campus affairs were your business. I don't gotta tell you everything and every place I'm going."

"Aiight, bet. Smart ass," I say grabbing my headphones putting them on as she does too.

"Kiss my ass, D," she says lowly with a smile still on her face.

"You don't gotta tell me twice. I'll kiss it, eat it-" she shoots me a look making me smile deviously. When the door opens again this time it's Gideon because he's the DJ for the show.