39: The Bishop Complex

Ch. 39

*This song makes me cry too lol*

Dark skin is not a crime

Dark skin is not a crime. What is a crime is that a 19 year old college students life was taken. Other races have this irrational fear of black males. A black boy will be looked at as a man from a young age. Black men are made to grow up faster than the average. Black men are supposed to be strong and aggressive, but never weak. This makes them feared and targeted. FYI: "If you ride Black dick, you better ride your ass to the Black Lives Matter Rally too." Hope to see everyone including our allies of different races today at the conference. RIP to my best friend, Markel.
-Z.D.

I update my blog then log out closing the tab. I was on a time crunch because the conference that Markel's parents asked me to speak at starts in two hours. My speech was done, but I wasn't dressed nor did I have the video they're supposed to be playing on the big screen done. I was stressing and nervous.

I go to the tab for iMovie where I have the video open. It was a compilation of videos of Markel from the time he was born to the night he was last seen alive. I was responsible for the videos from the last two years of his life as a college student. Just gathering all the videos of him from our college vlogs for YouTube and Snapchat moments had me teary eyed. When I looked back at the videos from Sahara's party, which ended up being his last night alive, it made me break. Just seeing him happy and hitting his infamous Milly Rock as smooth as he did like no other around here seeing as he's actually from New York made me smile.

I upload the last video clip I want to add and of course it's a video of him rapping. Markel could rap all day everyday. He freestyled all the time. He wrote raps, made beats, recorded, and talked about music everyday. He lived and breathed it. I look at the clip leaning my face on my fist just smiling seeing his smile that I would never see in person again...

 I look at the clip leaning my face on my fist just smiling seeing his smile that I would never see in person again