16: Day of the...Dead?

Ch. 16

Apparently, in some parts of Ireland, people celebrated Halloween by playing romantic fortune-telling games

Apparently, in some parts of Ireland, people celebrated Halloween by playing romantic fortune-telling games. These games allegedly predicted who they'd marry & when. Since Halloween was one of the main celebrations of the year where young people could mingle with the opposite sex, it was also considered a good day to scope out a sweetheart. Let's see if I get lucky tonight...Happy Halloween everyone! Be safe.
-Z.D.

I post to my blog then get up from my desk turning my computer off. I was pretty much ready for this Grooveyard Halloween Bash, I just needed to put my heels and accessories on. I look in my full length mirror fixing my hair which is a black, 20 inch wig with body waves. I was Queen of Sheba tonight.

The Queen of Sheba. In the Bible there is an unnamed queen from the land of Sheba who travels to Jerusalem to meet King Solomon. She is accompanied by attendants and camels by which she brings a large quantity of spices, gold and precious stones with her. The Queen of Sheba was a woman of great wealth, beauty, and power. She represented intelligence and shows she is equal to man during her encounter with Solomon. It's ironic because my father's name is Solomon. The Queen of Sheba knows her own worth. Everything I wish to be..

As I put my statement necklace on I see Sahara stand up from my vanity. She has on a cropped white tank top to make her costume more 'girly', Baggy jeans and a pair of timbs on. Her hair is in the simple Ghana braids I did for her last night after she chewed me out upon my late arrival. She's Riley Freeman from The Boondocks tonight. Apparently she's supposed to be matching with Markel who is going to be Huey. I wish I had someone to be cute with and wear matching costumes with. Honestly they're a perfect match because they share the same interests from music, to anime and more.

"I can't even beat my face how I want to because I'm a boy tonight. I had to settle for the natural slay," she says messing with her mink eyelashes that she just put on.

"You still look cute," I compliment as I put my bangle on. She kept it natural with a clean face, lashes and just a clear gloss. Me on the other hand, I was beat for the gods. I sit on my bed putting the gold Gucci heels my aunt bought me on. I knew I would probably regret it because parties always have nasty floors and people are always stepping on your feet. I was hoping my long dress would save me. I just had to wear them. They went with this costume perfectly.

"Girl, where did you get those?" Sahara asks pointing at my feet as I do the buckle. "Is that real Gucci or Fucci?" She asks coming closer looking at the shoe box.

"My aunt bought them for me."

Sahara pouts saying, "Its not fair. You have not one, but two bougie rich aunts." I think everybody has that one rich aunt who has a good job, is probably divorced or just not married with no kids who travels the world and only comes around on holidays to show off and shower gifts on everyone. And usually your mom or someone hates her because they say she acts better than everyone, but they're lowkey jealous. My aunts were rich and they did spoil me, but they were likable.