35: Righteous Ratchetness

Ch. 35

 35

As Charlemagne the God once said, "Ratchetness & Righteousness is the Yin and the Yang of life

As Charlemagne the God once said, "Ratchetness & Righteousness is the Yin and the Yang of life. You need a healthy balance of both." The Spring semester is now in session. Everyone's back from Christmas break ready to ride these last couple months of the school year out. This is the point in the school year where everything usually goes down hill. People are tired, stressed, & irritated. Let's see how many fights will transpire. Let the drama commence. It will get ratchet & we will need to get righteous."
-Z.D.

I type up the blog looking up every other second as I walk around campus, so I don't run into anyone. Well, I was trying not to, but I failed because I ran straight into someone. "Sorry," I say quickly looking up from my phone to see Brayden. At that point, I felt like I was actually watching where I was going, but he ran into me on purpose. "Sorry, Brayden," I say trying to walk around him, but he moves blocking my way.

I sigh. This is me trying to get away from my problems, but them blocking my way literally... I haven't spoken to or seen him in so long, that I didn't even think about him. He was nothing but trouble in the first place. Especially when I'm in a relationship where I want to be happy and avoid the drama. "You can't hold a short conversation with your friend?" He asks putting an emphasis on the word. "Just small talk. I just wanted to know how you're doing?"

"I'm fine. How are you?" I ask back to be polite. I look around as people walk around us.

"Good. You must be real good. Ever since you've gotten in a relationship you've been ducked off. No time for me. Don't even text me."

"There's a reason for that," I say looking up at him. He has on a Nike hat, so the shadow casts over his eyes, but I can see he's looking right at me.

"And that is? We switching up on friends now when we get in a relationship. That ain't cool."

"Please, Brayden. You know damn well we didn't have a regular ass friendship. I'm not about to be buddy buddy with a dude I was fuckin' when I'm in a committed relationship."