43 (1): One Step Back

Ch. 43, Part 1

 43, Part 1

I sit in Israel's bedroom at the Kappa house listening to him talk nonsense when he's supposed to be mixing the song I just recorded

I sit in Israel's bedroom at the Kappa house listening to him talk nonsense when he's supposed to be mixing the song I just recorded. I look at Gideon who has been calling someone multiple times getting pissed each time they didn't answer. I haven't really hung out with them and just chilled in awhile. I've been too busy with my own bullshit. Between my last classes, graduation, work, my internship, and relationship issues I had no time to just sit around.

I damn sure didn't have time to record music. It wasn't a priority in my life seeing as it's just a hobby. I recently had to quit my job because my internship was getting more intense. Luckily I work for my Dad, so he said I could come back at anytime if I need to. It was a miracle I had a chance to sit down and breathe right now, so I decided to take that time to record and talk to my boys. I needed to vent about what's been happening the past month. Usually I would be at my internship, but they had me on call so they could hit me up at any time.

What was my moment to vent turned into Israel saying some bullshit as always. "I really don't get why you're trippin' about it. Zi is giving you free reign to do what you want. Spring Break is coming up which means you can party and fuck as many bitches as you want. I wish I was in your shoes. You're basically single."

"I'm not single, nigga." At least I don't think I am. Zipporah said she wanted space, so that's what I gave her. The problem was we couldn't stay away from each other completely. We still texted everyday and we had sex whenever we wanted to with no clear understanding of where our relationship stands. We texted everyday, but about nothing of substance. Just memes and funny gifs. We met up just to fuck, but there was no connection or a moment to talk about real shit. It was surface level bullshit, but we were both going with the flow.

I still didn't consider myself single..

"Then what are you?" Israel asks screwing up his lips. "Zipporah got exactly what she wanted from the beginning. This was the same girl who was scared to commit and openly let it be known you two were together. It's clear as day the girl has commitment issues. So what does she do? She asks for space, but still hits you up to keep the line of communication and dick open. I know you love her, but don't be dumb. She turned you into that white boy. Made you catch feelings just to make you her fuck buddy."