➳ 22

THEA MILLS: "I WISH I COULD CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I HAVE DONE."

Those of you who know Thea Mills know that she has done a number of questionable and down right appalling things in the past; breaking up her best friend's relationship and claiming that Dylan O'Brien was the Father of her baby are two of the most notable, especially since the ex best-friend is none other than Dylan O'Brien's wife, and the relationship she broke up was his as well.

Since these events, Thea Mills has been on the receiving end of hateful comments from people all around the globe, even those who aren't fans of Dylan and/or Cara. Some of the comments, she deserved, but there are some that took it too far. To this day, Thea Mills still gets comments from people calling her every name under the sun. 'Homewrecker' seems to be a favourite, and one that Cara O'Brien has used herself in the past, though she hasn't mentioned Thea Mills in the nearly three years since the events transpired.

Since the revelation that the Fight For Equality's charity shoot would include both O'Brien and Mills, there has been speculation about the two of them rekindling their friendship, but also of Thea perhaps trying once more to ruin the relationship between Cara and her husband.

O'Brien has since stated that there is no chance of a rekindled friendship between the two. "I cut her out of my life for a reason. I'm not letting her back in, even if she's changed."

It's a fair statement, of course. After all, would you willingly let the woman who tried to ruin your life back into it? Cara O'Brien has a lot to lose; her husband, her children, her friends. So, why would she let Thea Mills near the people that she cares most about? Why would she let her back in, just for her to try to tear everything apart again? Given Mills' track record, it's not a overreaction.

Whether or not Mills is planning on worming her way back into the O'Briens' lives is something that Cara simply cannot answer. Mills, however, can.

"I respect Cara's decision," Mills said when asked about O'Brien's statement. "I can't be angry at her when it's my fault, can I? And I'm not angry. I understand why she doesn't want to rekindle our friendship, and honestly, I probably wouldn't want to if the roles were reversed. I was... I was immature, and petty. I acted out like a jealous child— and that's exactly what I was. I was jealous. To me, Cara had it all. She had Logan in High School, and I loved him—
 I did, but I never thought to talk to her about it. Instead, I tried to break them up. She found out, and she forgave me. I think maybe she shouldn't have, because obviously old habits die hard, and breaking up her relationships was one of those habits. I've never told anyone this, and I doubt even Cara knows, but I tried to ruin her relationship with Spencer, as well. I tried to seduce him on the morning of their one year anniversary, but he rejected me outright, told me that he loved Cara and wouldn't hurt her like that. I gave up, after awhile, and thought 'maybe I should just leave well enough alone'. And then came along the Teen Wolf cast, and I instantly fell for Dylan O'Brien. He was... charming, and funny, but he only had eyes for Cara. It was like that from the beginning, I know, but still... I wanted him, and Cara had Spencer. In my mind, I wasn't going to let her take him from me. I think... I think I became obsessed with the idea of having someone love me back."

At this point, Mills looked to be on the verge of tears. When asked if she would like to stop there, she declined, stating that she needed to get this off her chest.

"I had him, of course— when Dylan broke up with Cara, I thought 'finally, I've won!'. But, in return, I lost Cara and Paisley. Two of my closest friends. The two people that looked out for me, that took care of me. I pushed Cara so far that she eventually broke— and when Cara phoned Dylan to tell him she was pregnant two months into her trip to London, I listened to the message before he could, and I deleted it. I had already lost her, and I wasn't ready to lose him. I loved him, despite it all, and I was unfaithful. Incredibly unfaithful. Isaac wasn't the only man I slept with during my relationship with Dylan. There were many others. I suppose I should have realised then that... that I didn't love him. I wanted to be Cara. I loved her— and not romantically. I loved her so much that it bordered on obsession. I loved her so much, that I wanted to be her, and that's... that's wrong, and it's destructive. And I ruined her life so I could be her. When she came back, I tried so hard to keep Dylan. I lied, and I cheated, and I tried to make him hate her. It didn't work, as you may know. He left me, and I wasn't ready to let go. So, I kept trying, and trying—  and then I found out I was pregnant, and it was like I'd won all over again. Dylan's baby. Mine and Dylan's baby. I thought I could get him back— I even teamed up with her ex so I could get him back, even though I knew she'd never get back together with him. Of course, everything was revealed, as it always is, months later, when Isaac came forward and Dylan demanded a DNA test."

Mills pulled out a recent photograph of her daughter and showed it to us, smiling.

"It was then... after that day, after Cara looked me in the eyes and told me that I'd officially broken her heart, that I realised just how awful I had been. I took a look at my daughter, and asked myself if I'm the kind of role model she deserves to have. And the answer was no. She deserved better, and so I bettered myself for her. I was no longer obsessed with being Cara Brooks, but rather focused on being myself— and this is where it led me. I love my job—
 I love acting, and I love my daughter. It's this revelation that led me to Julian. It led me to where I am today— I wish I could change the things that I've done, but at the same time, I'm not sure I would. Because, in the end, it was all worth it. Cara is happily married with two children, and I have my daughter—
  I have my Del, and I have my Julian. I'm happy, and I'm sure she is, too."

There we have it. Thea Mills bared her soul to us here today, and it's left us content with the way things ended between her and the O'Briens. Maybe everything turned out for the best.

Cara O'Brien, left, and Thea Mills, right, are both happy where they are right now

RELATED ARTICLES:

A look back on the Cara Brooks/Thea Mills fiasco.

Two year anniversary of the end of MTV's Teen Wolf.

Cara O'Brien: "Fight for Equality is a fight for everybody."

Paisley Smith: "I'm just a teacher, but my students are convinced I'm famous. Guess I'm not proving them wrong."

Official Photoshoot from Tyler Posey's Upcoming Role!

---

  🐸☕️