➳ Bonus Chapter #9

Daphne remembered the day this picture was taken

Daphne remembered the day this picture was taken. They were at George's house, and Daphne remembered feeling so out of place here, her eyes skimming the down-turned photo frames that undoubtedly held pictures of her ex-husband.

She wasn't Daphne Brooks when this picture was taken, but rather Daphne Blake (a name that her children loved to make fun of, only for the fact that she was completely unlike the cartoon character of the same name). Married to her second husband by then, Peter Blake was a kind man, and one who didn't feel as awkward as Daphne did when in the presence of her ex-husband's brother.

Peter Blake loved her children like they were his own, and they loved him in return. Daphne thought that maybe they could have been forever.

[Daphne left him four years later, because she couldn't help but wonder what if. What if he left her for another woman like Richard did? What if he decided one morning that he no longer loved her, or the kids? All the worrying was driving her crazy, but most of all, it wasn't fair for him, so she left him, told him to find someone better, someone who would appreciate him more].

[He married again, in 2011, to a woman named Chloe. Together, they ended up having one son, Charlie. They divorced in 2014, because the spark in their relationship had died out].

[Peter Blake bumped into Daphne Brooks shortly after the birth of her third and fourth grandchildren, Lucas and Charlotte, and the two start seeing each other again. They're re-married by 2025. This time, it's forever.]

---

daphne brooks deserves the world, pass it on.