➳ Bonus Chapter #14

Taken on the morning Oliver Brooks flew off to Stanford to begin his journey towards becoming a doctor

Taken on the morning Oliver Brooks flew off to Stanford to begin his journey towards becoming a doctor. Cara had been sobbing, from the very moment she woke up to the very moment they got home after taking Oliver to the airport; the very airport her proposed to his girlfriend at.

Cara didn't bet that just three months later, she'd be flying out to Stanford to identify his body; didn't bet that she'd see her brother cold, and bloodied, and bruised; didn't bet that she wouldn't be able to sleep for months afterwards.

Julia dropped off the face of the Earth after his funeral, dropped out of University, gave up on her dreams.

[Shortly after turning 30, Julia turned up on Daphne Brooks' door and is greeted by Cara, aged 28 and holding her newborn son in her arms; she broke down crying, and apologised for disappearing when the family needed her most].

[She hadn't gone too far, as it turned out; moved into a shoddy apartment just a few blocks outside of town. When she turned 25, she came out of hiding, but didn't contact any of her old friends; decided that she just wanted to start again, so she bought the house that she and Ollie dreamed of one day owning, decided to do all those things they said they would. She went to Paris, and New Zealand, and Tokyo. She met a woman in London, fell in love, but broke it off because she couldn't do that to Oliver.]

[She and Oliver were going to have a family, three children; two daughters and one son. She adopted her first child, a daughter whom she named Rachelle Cara, because Ollie always wanted to name his girls after his sisters; the two most important girls in his life].

[She met a man at age 28, and fell in love with him; he managed to help her let go of the past, and by age 30, she was engaged and expecting twins; one boy and one girl, and Julia was hit with the realisation that she shouldn't have shut out the people that cared about her most].

[Up until the moment she turned up at her Mother's door, Cara thought Julia was dead. Cara thought that the pain had just become too much, and pushed her into claiming her own life. Cara understood how that felt].

---

i !!! hate !!! myself !!!